Goodbye Mustang.. Hello Jeep GC

97micstang

So i am not longer a mustang owner as of this morning :(

the car is a 2003 GT and has 58k on it. i sold it for 10$k.. pretty happy with the amount of money I got back from it. payed $11k for it 2 years ago with most of the same mods done to it

stang1.jpg
stang.jpg

Heres what i had up on craigslist

Aftermarket Modifications
These are the mods done to the mustang. I have receipts for most of the aftermarket work done which has been done by a professional local shop in east Hartford.

Apperance Mods
20% tints all around ($200)
17” chrome cobra 2000 wheels ($800) –tires have more then %50 tread left
Black smoked headlights ($200)
Mach 1 grille delete ($65)
Mach 1 chin spoiler ($100)
chrome lettering “Mustang” on rear bumper ($25)
scotch guard - clear plastic on front bumper to protect from rock chips ($150)
Shorty Antenna – ($20)

Performance Mods
Flowmaster stage II exhaust system w/ 40 series flowmaster mufflers w/ x-pipe ($500)
Roush CAI w/ K&N air filter ($200)
Pro 5.0 short shifter ($200)
Xcalibrator 2 ford flash tool ($400)
Custon SCT Tune - currently tuned to 93 octane ($200)
BBK Pulleys ($80)
3.73 gears ($220)
2” suspension drop all around – tubular steel upper control arms ($150), steel lower rear control arms ($190), springs and C/C plates, Front struts – AGX ($370), Rear shocks ($250)

Other Mods:
Line-lock braking system ($200)
Viper 2 way alarm system ($450)
Red-top battery ($120)

Total Aftermarket Part Cost = $5,090 (this DOES NOT include labor or maintenance)

Recent work done to it:
Painted hood ($350) because paint was chipping and front bumper was painted before I bought the car.

Was tuned and dynoed by a local shop before I bought it. Have the paperwork and dyno sheet. It put out 255hp and 295 tq.

so i sold it in order to pay off this jeep i picked up a couple months ago.. happy with the purchase and proud to be a jeep owner

jeep.jpg
jeep1.jpg

sgramer

Big LoZer
You did really well with that GT. Jeeps are fairly decent vehicles. Just beware the transmission are not the best.

97micstang

I did the same thing a year ago

http://www.v6mustang.com/threads/240375/

Nice Jeep btw.

thank you.. ya i like the freedom edition

You did really well with that GT. Jeeps are fairly decent vehicles. Just beware the transmission are not the best.

ya its a straight 6 too so i got to keep up with the tranny. plan on changing the fluid and filter out next month or so.

Welcome to the Jeep club dog

:D:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

MustangHunter

Mustangs-Priceless
Nice, i thought about buying a grand cherokee overland just like that but silver before i found the GT.

I really like those :thumbup:

buddyantunez1

00' 3.8L v6
i woulda like to see ya keep the mustang and daily the jeep, but i still like the jeep a lot. bash guards look awesome on it! and what kind of piper is that? kinda hard to tell in the pics. ive flown smaller 4 and 6 cylinder cessna's and beechcraft's

Spyderbell

Wow you should drive it more. What are you saving it for? Really lets be honest it is not really a car worth saving lol.

i bought it with like 12k maybe 12.5k a couple years ago. just don't drive it everyday cause i don't have to

97micstang

i woulda like to see ya keep the mustang and daily the jeep, but i still like the jeep a lot. bash guards look awesome on it! and what kind of piper is that? kinda hard to tell in the pics. ive flown smaller 4 and 6 cylinder cessna's and beechcraft's

i know.. will look forward to owning a cobra in a few years though :D

cherokee 6

any plans for the jeep

no plans for the jeep.. just a simple wire install so i can add more bass to my stock setup.. if i get around to ordering the wiring