Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got a problem... Need some help!

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by The_95_Pony, Jul 19, 2010.

1. The_95_Pony

The_95_Pony Loud & Obnoxious

Im new to the mustang world i just bought a 1995 mustang v6 5-speed with 182,000 miles on it .... so i did some research first and bought some BBK underdrive pulleys (deff. noticeable ) but my check engine light is on and when i put my scanner on it ..it reads "Manufac. controlled fuel and air metering " thats it..... does this mean i have a problem with my MAF or something ?

Any input apprciated

2. The_95_Pony

3. TheTealSnail

TheTealSnail New Member

what's the actual code you're getting on the scanner? like P1000 or whatever

4. The_95_Pony

a number doesnt come up thats all it says..

5. rbuckels

rbuckels SIMA-PH

From that description Sounds like it's either the componants on the intake or possibly the O2 sensores. What brand of scanner are you using? Ford keeps a lot of it's Mustang codes to themselves, and only the most expensive scanners pay for the rights to the software patch to will allow the proper and specific translation of the code to help you narrow the issue down.
    My own 94 is shutting off on me for no apparent reason and the generic code reader my Mechanic friends own can't get any error codes for it. They also only displays the most basic information. My one friend was a Chevy mechanic for 30 years and paid for the GM codes, but never needed the ford codes. He has a Snap-on Code reader that was new in 2005. I have scoured the web for anyone with a similar problem and the only common link is that it started after the CAI was installed. But not all from this generation mustang have this issue that have the CAI. I put mine on right after I bought it, so I can't really say if it was a problem before the conversion. I am going to take it to the dealer and get them to pull the codes. If none show up or the problem is that th motor has 251K miles on it, then I'm just going to do the V8 swap.

6. The_95_Pony

sorry my bad the code is ..p1151..

haha i like the way u think ....but yea i looked in my haynes book when i found out the code and its not listed