Got Ripped off $1600! Need Your Help 3.8!

97micstang

Alright, I know i haven't posted on the forum in a couple months, but i know how good many of you members are at finding out people's address and contact information. So a close buddy of mine got ripped off 1600$ for eminem/jayz concert tickets. This is the information I got on him from my friend...

name: Mark k Moran
email: [email protected]
cell: (732) 299 5633

now this info was also on the tickets.. well his name. we contacted ticketmaster and they said that the name didnt match up to the ticket numbers.. so the name could be fake..

anything you guys could do would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

domin8

Lazy Unicorn
so what happened? were the tickets invalid or what? what were the tickets for? i wouldnt ever spend 1600 on tickets :lol:

97micstang

so what happened? were the tickets invalid or what? what were the tickets for? i wouldnt ever spend 1600 on tickets :lol:

my friend met up with the guy in nyc to purchase the tickets.. gave the guy cash and found out later :facepalm: after calling ticketmaster that the name and ticket number didnt match up:confused:
he seems to think they are duplicate tickets but somehow changed the name??

eminem/jay show in nyc.. 4 tickets/400$ a piece.. ya i wouldnt pay that much either

domin8

Lazy Unicorn
why does the name on the ticket need to match whats on file? you just go, they scan your ticket, and you walk in...

97micstang

wait so he just thinks they are fake? the concert hasn't even happened yet?

my friend later noticed that the date of the concert was changed and the name was different.. he got this from calling ticketmaster. the name didnt match up with the account..

they were printed out tickets.. so obviously the guy scanned them in and changed his name/date/section

but on the other note... whoevers ticket scans first, they will get in.

and ticketmaster wont give any info out because he isnt the original purchaser

kgmx856

Dirtbike Aficionado
If he's dumb enough to buy tickets at that price, forget that its eminem, he deserves to get ripped off.

domin8

Lazy Unicorn
oh so its a computer printed ticket. so the guy is going in changing info on them and stuff and sellign copies. thats kind of awesome, and you arent going to get your money back. something tells me the info in the first post isnt even real info if he's got random info all over. u can put whatever contact info you want for a concert ticket.

97micstang

Have reasonable attempts been made to contact the seller? Is he avoiding your buddy or something?

yea.. nothing back. and the seller sold him home printed out tickets telling him that he would send him an email of the tickets later on.. obv never happened.

97micstang

oh so its a computer printed ticket. so the guy is going in changing info on them and stuff and sellign copies. thats kind of awesome, and you arent going to get your money back. something tells me the info in the first post isnt even real info if he's got random info all over. u can put whatever contact info you want for a concert ticket.

ya i wouldnt go by the name either.. but the cell phone # might be a lead??

Orguss

It's SHO Time!
In today's smartphone era, I'd have insisted he forward the email tickets when making the cash transfer.