Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GT500 replaced by GT350

Discussion in '2015 V6 Mustang' started by JpL4K3, Jun 21, 2013.

1. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

2. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

I really like it. The current GT500s are just magazine headliners. While they are extremely capable on a drag strip and a few laps around a road course, they really aren't usable as they are very heavy, unbalanced, and heat monsters.

I think toning down the HP in light of something a little more well rounded is much much better in my book.

3. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Weight is the enemy. Bigger isn't better either. I really hope future chassis are simplified, rigid, embrace modern suspension design, and focus on usable power to weight ratios instead of raw numbers. I think the improved modular motors are sort of in that direction, but I expect direct injection would've put the Coyote ahead of the LS3. A factory IRS/SLA stang is long overdue. Remember the FR500 concept?

Cost/profit is probably going to hold back the mustang into becoming something really awesome from the factory. Besides there's the grand tradition of the aftermarket.

I'd like to see the return of the Ford GT, or something similar, as a competitor to the Corvette, Viper, and 458 Italia. I'd bet the GT500 engine centered in a aerodynamic MR platform would be potent. Maybe trade the blower for some Borg Warner turbos from the cobra jet.

4. pookie jackson

pookie jackson Member

I just hope the new mustang doesnt have those stupid ass gullwing doors or offer the car with a 4 door option.