Gtech run results

97_Mustang_V6

White Stalker
here are the results i got from my new gtech competition....on the best run i did, i ran a [email protected] mph and it says i had [email protected] rpms...REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
Engine:3.8L
Tranny:4r70w
Mods: Mac True duals,Mac Cai,Mac UD's
60ft-2.378
1/8-10.003
1/4 [email protected]
0-60mph-7.75s
also i have a few quick questions...does anyone know the exact weight of a 97 v6...i think its 3084 pounds but im not sure....i figure this is pretty good isnt it since the car runs like 17's stock...i did all of these runs today and the temp was like 50* outside.

Monkey

Knew a thing or two
i have a ton more mods than you, and i run a 15.9 (dont have exhaust though, which would help a lot more)

if you tell the g-tech that youre running a ligheter car, then it will say youre going faster than you are. stock pre99 is around a 9.9 0-60. so i doubt you could have dropped 2 sec off w/o major mods yet

97_Mustang_V6

White Stalker
Ok first of all...the times are not altered by weight of your car...u could tell it u weighed 1 pound and it would still tell u ur car is running 16 second quarter miles...the weight has to do with the rpm and hp scales...thats how it determines hp...and my friends dad has the weight pads they use for 18 wheelers and my car came out to 3505 pounds...yeah i know thats heavy...weird aint it..with me, my heavier wheels, exhaust...80 pound sub system... i weighed everything i could take off my car individually and heres what i got also

i would like to mention i run different gaskets then stock..they are "performance gaskets" and im not sure if they either lowered or highered my compresion but i know they arent the exact same size..

im going to upload one of my runs onto my computer...the best one after my friend deleted them all so he could do his truck...i ran it yestreday... its like a 16.030 @ 89mph i think...its still faster then all of you think i can go...btw i ran a 15.93 at the track and thats off too right? once again there are other factors at play here
altitude...-level with ocean
temperature-50* or a little lower
driving style-how well one gets off the line
and a multitude of different things
When i went to the track the first time, one of my
60mph was a 7.211..dont ask me how..my transmission did a weird little thingy and made some noise and my car lunged forward but then died down again and iran a 16.5.
On average i run about a 16-16.4 under normal conditions but like i said my best is that one...anyone who doesnt believe me..i can post gtech resuslts...or if they want to buddy with me we can go down to a local track here in texas one day...thats pretty much my only way of proving it because words will never do me justice

PonyGoes

Troll Hunter
Originally posted by 97_Mustang_V6
Ok first of all...the times are not altered by weight of your car...u could tell it u weighed 1 pound and it would still tell u ur car is running 16 second quarter miles...the weight has to do with the rpm and hp scales...thats how it determines weight...
What the hell kind of G-Tech do you have?

The one I use requires you to enter the weight of the car (with driver) and thats how it determines HP. You know ... speed times acceleration times the weight of the vehicle.

Time for you to go back to the owners manual :disgust:

97_Mustang_V6

White Stalker
i need to edit that....that last sentence is supposed to be

"thats how it determines hp" i wasnt paying attention and i wrote weight... but im tired of arguing with a message board...

ill run it at the track any day at any time and u guys will still say it isnt so...

maybe in my engine everything is a perfect fit and there is perfect compression or something...my friend has a 1997 civic ex that runs a 15.8 from the factory AT THE TRACK and that makes no sense at all right? another guy i know has a z28 that is completely factory and it runs a 13.5 in the quarter...weirder things have happened...im willing to prove it at the track