Handling in the snow

Deathwish

Just traded my 2000 3.8 for an 05 4.0L and was noticing on the way to work this morning that the new stang really seems to handle much better in the snow. Had good tires on my 3.8, but always had to be careful taking off from a stop sign or coming to a stop. The new car really seems to have better traction. Anyone else notice this or have any ideas why this might be?

Deathwish

How much heavier is it? Is the weight better distributed? The old 3.8 would tend to push on hard corners.

Totaled108

Its not my car
How much heavier is it? Is the weight better distributed? The old 3.8 would tend to push on hard corners.

That has to do with the body and suspension being very soft and flexing alot on the older stang, causing alot of understeer in stock form. The new ones (05+) have stiffer and better designed chassis which are a cross between the Jag X-type and Linclon LS(sp?). Also the suspension is upgrades quite a bit. Stock swaybar and panhard bars on EVERY new stang, V6 and GT. :thumbup:

Rick L.

Negative. Still no Rear Swaybar.

About 86 bucks too add a GT rear sway bar man lol. Plus the labor and a few bolts that you'll need. Most of you will do it your self so... But I do agree they should have added a sway bar. The pony package get one but the regular ones don't.

Oh and death wish enjoy the new ride with the new hot bodie style. I love it.

want2twinturbo

**** winter
YES, definutely(sp?) unless your looking for rediclous oversteer like myself in which case you want a bigger/stiffer rear swaybar. but the stock GT one should work fine.