Has anyone sent off their ABS unit for repar?

shovel

I know this is an old post, but in case anyone still reads it:

Yes, sent away the ABS controller to a company advertising on Ebay, I think it went to City of Industry, California (?) and was back to us in Arizona less than a week later. It has worked trouble free since then, about 2 years now. About $100 if I remember correctly. Wouldn't hesitate to do that again if I had another Mustang with dead ABS

shovel

Resurrecting this old thread to report my wife still has this car and the ABS controller repair has stayed fixed all this time and counting.

Spdricer

Resurrecting this old thread to report my wife still has this car and the ABS controller repair has stayed fixed all this time and counting.
What was it doing that made you realize for sure that it was in fact the abs module that had a problem?

shovel

What was it doing that made you realize for sure that it was in fact the abs module that had a problem?
Warning light in the dashboard & I believe we pulled codes using FORSCAN (Android app for scanning ford-specific modules) & a bluetooth OBD2 dongle. I don't remember the exact codes but we ruled out wheel sensors. The ABS electronic module can be removed from the hydraulics without rendering the car undriveable, so that was nice to not have any down time on my wife's daily driver.

Spdricer

Warning light in the dashboard & I believe we pulled codes using FORSCAN (Android app for scanning ford-specific modules) & a bluetooth OBD2 dongle. I don't remember the exact codes but we ruled out wheel sensors. The ABS electronic module can be removed from the hydraulics without rendering the car undriveable, so that was nice to not have any down time on my wife's daily driver.
How did you connect all the lines with the module missing?

shovel

The electronic part of the ABS module separates from the hydraulic part. You leave the hydraulic part connected and just brake as normal (like a car with no ABS.. well you should always be driving carefully!) .

Even though the electronic part was only out for a few days getting repaired, I folded up a clean hand towel and taped it over the empty part where the electronics go and then taped a plastic bag as well as I could over the whole assembly, just to keep it clean.