headlight issue

ayo232

I bought new headlights not too long ago (maybe 5 or so months) and recently they have been full of condensation everytime it rains. I thought this was only an issue with older headlights? They are smoked with clear corners that have no other visual issues. Also, the other headlight does not o this, it is just the one.

:confused: :mad: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :(
Does anyone know how I can fix this? Here's some pictures..

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 113
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 127
:lol: The same thing happened to my clear corners all the time. Here's what you need to do... do you happen to still have your stock headlights? If so.. put them back in for a few days. Let the clear corners sit outside in the sun for a looong time. If you have an air compressor, you can blow a lot of that out of there through the bulb openings, at least thats what I did. Now you're going to need some liquid silicon... the kind that you appply with a caulking (sp?) gun. Pretty much line the edges where the clear plastic (front) of the headlight meets the black plastic (housing) of the headlights. And I mean EVERYWHERE. Of course, only do this once 100% of that condensation is out of the headlights, or else you'll just be sealing it in there forever. The silicon takes 48 hours to dry and harden, and it will take a while to get all the condensation out, which is why I said you might as well reinstall the stock headlights for a few days. Good luck dude. It's not hard at all, just a PITA.

ayo232

:lol: The same thing happened to my clear corners all the time. Here's what you need to do... do you happen to still have your stock headlights? If so.. put them back in for a few days. Let the clear corners sit outside in the sun for a looong time. If you have an air compressor, you can blow a lot of that out of there through the bulb openings, at least thats what I did. Now you're going to need some liquid silicon... the kind that you appply with a caulking (sp?) gun. Pretty much line the edges where the clear plastic (front) of the headlight meets the black plastic (housing) of the headlights. And I mean EVERYWHERE. Of course, only do this once 100% of that condensation is out of the headlights, or else you'll just be sealing it in there forever. The silicon takes 48 hours to dry and harden, and it will take a while to get all the condensation out, which is why I said you might as well reinstall the stock headlights for a few days. Good luck dude. It's not hard at all, just a PITA.

Thanks for the reply. That all makes sense. Because I have noticed when it doesn't rain for a while, it eventually goes away. But recently it has been raining alot so now it's bugging me alot. So basically, let them dry out and then re-seal them. I don't care if its a PITA.. it's better than spending another $150 on headlights :lol: Thanks man :thumbup:

IFlanagan

Punkens
Drill a small hole, maybe 1/8", in a non-visible area. It will help. This was happening to my dad's car, that's how he fixed it.

PS, uh oh, I jus ordered smoked clears, hopefully this won't happen. :(

luniz7

Always better in three's
Thanks for the reply. That all makes sense. Because I have noticed when it doesn't rain for a while, it eventually goes away. But recently it has been raining alot so now it's bugging me alot. So basically, let them dry out and then re-seal them. I don't care if its a PITA.. it's better than spending another $150 on headlights :lol: Thanks man :thumbup:

They are screwed, u should prally buy new ones and sell me those junkers for 20 shipped:uhh: