Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heat/AC fan not working consistently

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Tom Winebrenner, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Tom Winebrenner

Tom Winebrenner New Member

I have a 2008 Mustang. The heat/Ac fan works intermittently, and of course always at the most inopportune time, like yesterday when it was 19 degrees. I can feel the heat, but the fan will not come on, even when turned up to 4. Took it to the local Ford dealer, they could not replicate the problem, of course, so I had them replace the blower motor for the fan. Took it home, next day the same thing - no fan. Took it back to dealer, where they were able to replicate the "new" fan not working and they changed out the relay wires. Worked for a day or two, and has now gone back to the on again/off again cycle of no fan. Started to have the same issue at the end of the summer with the AC. Not sure what to do next, it sounds electrical, perhaps I should try getting a new fan switch??? Anyone have an issue like this and how did you resolve it?

Thanks
    Tom