Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Salinas California

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AldenG, Mar 2, 2017.

1. AldenG

AldenG New Member

Hey there everyone! I've had my '97 V6 for a few months now, and I figured this would be the best place to find helpful advice and tips as I start to modify it. It's pretty much my first car, and it's how I've learned about engines so far, especially our V6's.

The car is a 1997 V6 Mustang with a manual transmission. When I first got the car, the paint was just awful. Peeling and faded from being exposed to the weather probably for its whole life. The engine needed some work too, as it was pissing coolant and running pretty rough. It sat in my driveway for weeks, but when the parts came in, we fixed it up pretty quick. A couple months later now, and no problems to report.

I also gave it some new paint, and I think it looks alright for what it is. Some might say it's a bit ricey, especially with the Jeep-like wheel gap and gross factory rims. But eh, whatever.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I know the Corvette stripes are a bit rice, but I've always had a thing for them. They're just plastidip anyway, which is good, because...
    [​IMG]
    I'm redoing them in red. Also, I know the hood looks pretty bad. It was getting dark out when I did it, and pretty cold. Plus black is hard to get right with rattlecans anyway, so that didn't help.

I know it's probably not as pretty as most of your guys' rides, but I do have more plans for the future. I wanna focus mainly on suspension work and minor bolt-ons engine-wise.

Well that's it for me! I hope to gain many useful pieces of knowledge during my time here.

-Alden G

2. Brent

Brent Owner Staff Member

3. ProjectVicky

ProjectVicky Wrench Monkey

Lol, I painted stripes on my car to hide the paint peeling. Don't spend too much thought into if it's "ricey" or not. These year models really can't have any worse of a reputation in the looks department from the general public eye. My friends always joke about my "crappy mustang" but people I don't know seem to really like it.

4. AldenG

AldenG New Member

Well the body shape has really grown on me, so I guess as long as I'm satisfied with how it looks, right?