Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help and Suggestions

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Guest, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

First off this started with a question I had about a blown head gasket. Thanks to Larry I found out that a recall is in effect to some 95 V6 3.8L engines. After I had my car put in the shop and since I am in an upgrade mode I would to get some suggestions on how to upgrade my Stang that would not kill me in the pocket book. I am not afraid to work on the car just as long as the time permits. I would also be willing to buy stuff other people that might be upgrading them selves. Please help on anything you can throw my way. Once again Thanks Larry.

2. Rudestang

Rudestang Guest

What Mods Do You Have Now? When You Do Mods It Will Hurt Your MPG In Most Cases. Are You Wanting HP Mods Or Suspention Mods?:)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

No mods yet except the K&N filter. I was thinking about the pullies and maybe the Dual exhaust.

4. Rudestang

Rudestang Guest

I Would Start With Duels And I Not Sure If I Would Go With Pulleys Or Not. I Dont Have Them Because I Heard You Spend About 150.00 For Just A Couple Of HP & You Lose Performance Of A/C, Alternator. Im In Texas And Need All The A/C I Can Get. For That 150.00 You Would Spend On Pulleys I Would Buy A Ram Air Kit Or Just Make One. Im Still Working On My Ram Air When Im Done Ill Let You Know How It Works. For 100.00 You Can Get Used Gears & T-loc That Will Make A Big Differance On Low End & Takeoffs.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

With those Mods how will it affect my MPG? I also heard about losing alternator power but then someone else came back and said it does not affect him. How about plugs and wires which do you recommend? I wanted to get the split fire but then again I really do not know which plug is going to give me a better bang. Larry I too live in Tx houston to be exsact and I love my AC. Do you know were I could get some K44 fuel additive? The only place I have found it is in El Paso.

6. Rudestang

Rudestang Guest

With Duels & K&N Filter Only I Lost MPG. The More The Engine Breaths It Makes More HPIt Makes & It Takes More Fuel To Run. When I Was Stock I Would Get 25 MPG On Hwy Now I Get About 14 MPG. I Had A Ford Ranger 4X4 3.0 I Put In Split Fires And Saw A Little Differance For About 1500 Miles Then I Felt No Differance. I Have Not Done Any Ignition Mods Yet On My Car. Never Heard Of K44 Fuel Aditive. What Is It & Why Do You Need It?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The K44 is like exlaxes for the cars fuel system. I found it in El Paso and it is recommended to use only once a year since it is very strong. I have experience nothing but good results when I do get to use it and it last for a long time. Better gas milage and smoother ride. Cleans your injectors and fuel lines from anything they might have. If you like and you trust me I can bring one back with me when I go in Thanksgiving. So how much boost did you get with the Duals?

8. Rudestang

Rudestang Guest

It Had Better Pick Up. I Cant Tell You How Many HP. But Most People Tell You Its One Of The First Mods To Do. Im Going To Istall My T-loc This Saturday Then Wheater Permitting I Will Go To The Track And See What It Does. I Used Valvaline Fuel Cleaner. They Make A Once A Year & A Every 3000 Mile Kind. I Used The Once A Year And Saw Some Improvment.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

With the K44 I filled up in Pecos Texas and did not fill up again until Shoelenburg(Is this correct?). This was about 489 miles for that tank full. Cool huh? Now does the diameter of the pipe affect the Dual exhaust? What size of pipe should I look at? How much was the dual and how much did you have to mod to place that in?

10. Rudestang

Rudestang Guest

My Pipe Is 2.25" Some People Have Been Going With 2.5" & Larger. I Feel You Dont Need To Go That Large Unless Your Going To Add A Super Charger. The Muffler Shop Just Had To Add Two Hangers Other Than That The Duels When On Fine.

11. stalkerstang

stalkerstang Guest

I HAVE (OR SHOULD I SAY HAD) A 95 STANG AND I BOUGHT A ALUMINUM CARBIDE CUTTING BUR TO PORT MY HEADS AND INTAKE WHEN I DID MY HEAD GASKETS.I HAD A SHOP MILL AND DO A 5 ANGLE VALVE JOB TO THE HEADS AND I PORTED THE UPPER AND LOWER INTAKE TOOK ABOUT THREE HOURS OF MATCHING AND CUTTING TO DO BUT IT WAS WORTH IT FEELS STRONGER.IT ALSO INCREASED MY TOP END DRAMATICLY.
    IM NO DOING 130 IN FOURTH GEAR WITH ABOUT 1000RPM TO GO UNTILL FIFTH.I HAVENT TRIED FIFTH TO SCARRY ON THE ROADS AROUND.ALSO WAS USING SPLITFIRES BUT THEY SEEM TO BE WORN NOW.

12. sutil

sutil Guest

can someone give me an idea!..
    i have a 2000 3.8 5 speed...
    i took the silencer out and added K&N filter and im about to convert to duals with 2.25" pipe...
    what sould i do next to add HP without tearing out my wallet!

13. QCRun98

QCRun98 Guest

You can try checking www.v6power.com they have numerous mods you can try.  Personaly I would try to Mass Air and instead of 2.25" pipe go with the 2.5" pipe it sounds better.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.geocities.com/qctracker/cars.html

14. silverstang

silverstang Guest

Could someone enlighten me on some bodykit options for my 2000? Also, does anyone know where I could find a GT bumper for sale?

15. Sean

Sean Guest

Try http://www.stangparts.com for the bumper, and take a look at this pages styling accessories for some 99-00 body kits.