Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help! cooling fan doesnt work

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by mustang6, Sep 21, 2006.

1. mustang6

mustang6 New Member

My cooling fan doesnt work at all. I jumped the plug that connects to the temperature sensor and it still doesnt work. Does that mean I have a bad relay or blown fuse or a bad fan motor. I need some help....thanks....I have a 95' if that helps any.

2. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

How do you know it doesn't come on? It only comes on when the engine reaches a certain temp. Are you overheating? I rarely ever hear my fan.

3. KillaBeave

KillaBeave Electric Jellyfish?

When I took mine in for service years ago, the mechanic didn't plug the power in all the way to the fan. :rolleyes: Just posting that so you don't forget to check the super simple stuff ... Hopefully one of the seasoned pros on the board will have a better idea though :lol:

4. SamtheSmall

SamtheSmall Member

If your mechanical ability is such that you feel safe doing it, unplug your fan and jumper it directly to the battery (don't forget ground) and see if it runs. However, why are you even worried about it? Are you overheating at all? Or just curious cuz you don't see it running when you start the car, for example?

5. mustang6

mustang6 New Member

Yeah...I noticed that my temp gauge gets up to the "L" which is not normal because it usually stays around the "O". I had this problem before and I noticed that after letting my car run for about 15 minutes my fan wouldnt come on. So I jumpered the temp sensor and the fan started working. So I changed the temp sensor and everything was fine but now its not working again. This time it doesnt work when I jumpered it....what else can I check?

6. justmach1

justmach1 New Member

pm sent.