HELP PLS!!! Fuel Pump Relay accidently grounded with paper clip?!?!?!??!

07_ran_cor_

Yes im an idiot ......

Ok so i figured out there is water in my gas blah blah blah............thats besides the issue..........[ . I disconnected my fuel filter ,set a bucket underneath my car and would prime my car on and off to drain all the water out my gas tank thinking maybe it would clear it all through seemed to be diluting alot after collecting all the gas/water . Eventually i got impatient so i used a paperclip to keep my fuel pump running in position of the fuel pump relay. [Bypass]?? Idk what im doing ..why im here..anyways
Turned key on fuel pump turned on but didnt stay on longer than normal prime like ive seen in many videos.

Figured maybe the paper clip was backwards in a different slot.[[[[[[ i pulled THE paper clip out and touched the ground stud( inside the fuse box) with one side of the paperclip and one side still in the relay insert by mistake and it SPARKED. ]]]]]]] :(((( I put the relay back in no power to fuel pump....i reset battery . Nothing no power to fuel pump no sound whatsoever. On my dash its pops up says DTE ODO DATA ERR. What do i do???? Please help .

07_ran_cor_

Yes im an idiot ......

Ok so i figured out there is water in my gas blah blah blah............thats besides the issue..........[ . I disconnected my fuel filter ,set a bucket underneath my car and would prime my car on and off to drain all the water out my gas tank thinking maybe it would clear it all through seemed to be diluting alot after collecting all the gas/water . Eventually i got impatient so i used a paperclip to keep my fuel pump running in position of the fuel pump relay. [Bypass]?? Idk what im doing ..why im here..anyways
Turned key on fuel pump turned on but didnt stay on longer than normal prime like ive seen in many videos.

Figured maybe the paper clip was backwards in a different slot.[[[[[[ i pulled THE paper clip out and touched the ground stud( inside the fuse box) with one side of the paperclip and one side still in the relay insert by mistake and it SPARKED. ]]]]]]] :(((( I put the relay back in no power to fuel pump....i reset battery . Nothing no power to fuel pump no sound whatsoever. On my dash its pops up says DTE ODO DATA ERR. What do i do???? Please help .
20180802_140042.jpg

James Carr

sleep-er noun = fusing speed with secrecy
JAC14824
Aug 8, 2010

DTE ODO data error - solved

Got the same errors on my son's 2006 Ford Mustang - DTE ODO data error, fuel level low, check charging system. Car started exhibiting problem by not starting, especially after a rainstorm, only to start a few hours later. Eventually, the car would stall about 5 minutes after starting which was a very dangerous situation.

Ford dealer #1 said we had a water leak (which they fixed) but that the smart junction box was getting wet, and it and two wiring harnesses in the dash needed had alot of corrosion and needed replacing to the tune of $3500.

Last time it stalled, I had it towed to Ford dealer #2. Source of the problem - a $17 diode (fuse box slot 53 I believe). Can has been fine ever since. Also, they found no corrosion.

To be fair, Ford dealer #1 never saw it in a "dead" condition. It has always restarted for them. Ford dealer #2 utilized proper diagnostic technique to trace the problem to its source (e.g. found which components did and did not have voltage).

For $17 (dealer retail - probably cheaper at an auto parts store), you might want to just change the diode - see what happens.

07_ran_cor_

JAC14824
Aug 8, 2010

DTE ODO data error - solved

Got the same errors on my son's 2006 Ford Mustang - DTE ODO data error, fuel level low, check charging system. Car started exhibiting problem by not starting, especially after a rainstorm, only to start a few hours later. Eventually, the car would stall about 5 minutes after starting which was a very dangerous situation.

Ford dealer #1 said we had a water leak (which they fixed) but that the smart junction box was getting wet, and it and two wiring harnesses in the dash needed had alot of corrosion and needed replacing to the tune of $3500.

Last time it stalled, I had it towed to Ford dealer #2. Source of the problem - a $17 diode (fuse box slot 53 I believe). Can has been fine ever since. Also, they found no corrosion.

To be fair, Ford dealer #1 never saw it in a "dead" condition. It has always restarted for them. Ford dealer #2 utilized proper diagnostic technique to trace the problem to its source (e.g. found which components did and did not have voltage).

For $17 (dealer retail - probably cheaper at an auto parts store), you might want to just change the diode - see what happens.
It is called the " PCM power diode yes hes correct slot 53 exterior fuse box. Im going to replace it and see what happens thanks for all the help i really appreciate it its my daily driver so im kind of on the edge . Ill let you know what happens....