How did I do?

JeffSeb

So I went to the track for the first time here was one of my best overall slips for the day.

R/T. .481
60'. 2.390
330 6.762
1/8 10.317
MPH 67.59
1000 13.361
1/4 15.848
MPH 91.65

I was the slowest car there, most TnT were getting ready for the nostalgic drags tomorrow. How did I stack up against other 3.8's?

I know I need to do something to get some traction, I spun 1st almost every round, lol.

Doc_G

really wanna get those 60' down first of all. What are you launching at? What size/type tires are you running? I'm sure Puny Pony will be here to help more than I, but I'd say thats about typical of a bone stock 3.8 (in the 15's that is)

kgmx856

Dirtbike Aficionado
Did better than I did. I had a k&n intake and dual exhaust and couldn't break 16s. Haven't tested the windstar yet.

JeffSeb

whats done to the car?
as far as go fast... not much, windstar intake, duals and a canned tune

really wanna get those 60' down first of all. What are you launching at? What size/type tires are you running? I'm sure Puny Pony will be here to help more than I, but I'd say thats about typical of a bone stock 3.8 (in the 15's that is)
I tried launching at 2K... bad idea just spun, at about 1300-1500 had a little bit of tire spin but was more managable.

my best 60' time was 2.333

running a 275/40 17 goodyear eagle supercar

Did better than I did. I had a k&n intake and dual exhaust and couldn't break 16s. Haven't tested the windstar yet.

:lol: I wish you would have been there, atleast I would have someone running within a half of a second of my times... There was one 80's montecarlo that was close but I never was close enough to run against him.

kgmx856

Dirtbike Aficionado
:lol: I wish you would have been there, atleast I would have someone running within a half of a second of my times... There was one 80's montecarlo that was close but I never was close enough to run against him.

Me too. Ive gotten a tune, udp, windstar, and springs since the last time Ive been. Unrealistically, Id love to drop a second off my last 16.1.

JeffSeb

I'm thinking about looking for some stickier tires to put on my starfish rims and see if that will help. these mach1 replicas are wide but HEAVY. what would be a good tire for a 17x8 rim used only for the track.

I found a guy who will install a limited slip if I buy the parts so we'll see.

JeffSeb

Cellphone vids FTL :(
according to my slips, it looks like i made 12 passes

my pass

My friend Luis' pass (I got to drive his GT500... wow...)

I dont think you can hear it in the video, but funniest thing I heard at the races while Luis ran the sixer.

Guy1: "This is going to be a good race (sixer vs, a nasty nissan (rx8 maybe?)"
Guy2: "I got money on the Mach"
I just smiled and shook my head....
They were probably thinking that's the slowest mach I've ever seen!

nothing too impressive, but a few shots from after the races.

funny thing is, the other side is perfectly clean, lol

DEstang

Why So Serious?
Not bad for a few bolt-ons, I was running 15.6 with a cai, duals and a tune.with full bolt-ons I was running 14.9-15.1 at around 93-95mph. H/C/I and a stall took care of almost a second, my fastest so far is 14.4 at 99mph on all motor.

I'm also running on v6 rims fitted with 235/60/15 MT Radials at ~18lbs.

RustyRodder

Dumbass. That's you.
starfish and some stickies wouldnt hurt...

jeff, the rapestang is still one of the cleanest cars at the track!

JeffSeb

i run 17's... singleport times ftw!

:lol:

not sure on that one either

I'm contemplating getting another set of tires (2) for my starfish strictly for the track, any ideas on a good tire (it'd have to be reasonably priced and not too sticky that i start breaking stuff)

T-lock is getting higher and higher on the mod list, I just need to do some research to find out if I should keep waiting and waiting for an 8.8 or just buy the 7.5 locker...