How long does it take to tint?

RedStang830

Guitar Slinger
I e-mailed a local tint shop about getting my two side windows tinted... they aren't all that well known or that popular of a place and have done work on Ferraris, Porsches, high end BMWs, etc... so it is a pretty reputable place, not some place that everyone and thier mother goes to and gets their eyes ripped out.

However, they asked if they could have my car an entire day to tint the windows since there is no door frame and that way they could leave the doors open for the windows to dry without getting in and out like I would if I took it home right away. It makes sense, but has anyone else had it take this long for their windows to get tinted? I was kind of figuring an hour or two, then I'd be good to go... but then I heard this... what are your thoughts?

JDR

Go Blue, Go Lions
RedStang830 said:
I e-mailed a local tint shop about getting my two side windows tinted... they aren't all that well known or that popular of a place and have done work on Ferraris, Porsches, high end BMWs, etc... so it is a pretty reputable place, not some place that everyone and thier mother goes to and gets their eyes ripped out.

However, they asked if they could have my car an entire day to tint the windows since there is no door frame and that way they could leave the doors open for the windows to dry without getting in and out like I would if I took it home right away. It makes sense, but has anyone else had it take this long for their windows to get tinted? I was kind of figuring an hour or two, then I'd be good to go... but then I heard this... what are your thoughts?

Just your two front side windows? If so it should only take 1/2 hour - 1 hour. I did mine in 40min, and I'm not a professional.

XxELeMeNt92

Hunter Green '98
i have never heard of tint taking a whole day, they had my car for like 2-3 hours n then they told i shouldnt roll down my windows for like 3 days

RedStang830

Guitar Slinger
JDR said:
Just your two front side windows? If so it should only take 1/2 hour - 1 hour. I did mine in 40min, and I'm not a professional.
Yeah, they said about an hour otherwise, but recommend keeping the car all day to dry before closing it... I'll see what other people have to say yet I guess...

SFrymyah

Hi, I'm Steven
_Mike_ said:
if its a quality tint job it cant hurt right?
good point -

one of my buddies that owns a shop here does it in 3 hours - never heard a single complaint about him either

JDR - How did you do yours?

mikek2111987

Welcome to 3.Hate
its not hard, just lay the tint over the outside of the window, cut it, then stick it nice and clean and push any bubbles out