Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How much HP Gain from a P1SC?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by rockandrolling, Feb 27, 2015.

1. rockandrolling

rockandrolling Member

An automatic stock v6 new edge is 150rwhp

How much hp would a p1sc give on the highest boost(11)??

Is it 100-125 hp?

2. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

11psi you will make 300-310rwhp on a bone stock motor.

3. V6procharged

V6procharged Moderator Staff Member

on a manual, should be 300rwhp. i'd say 285-290 with auto... on my auto with LT's/exhaust and 11lbs, i made 300/293.

4. rockandrolling

rockandrolling Member

I have an auto.

Well I'll have long tubes and full exhaust done, and cam work done before then. But I am not getting ported heads or upper & lower intake done. It is just going to be the cam with springs and a few other small things...so maybe a 15 hp increase? So would my car run 315-320 rwhp with a p1sc 11lbs, 218/226 cam, longtubes, full exhaust?

Wow I am very disappointed that it would be that low :/
    I really expected the car to reach at least 350 rwhp with those mods.

5. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Cam on 11psi you'll make more than 350rwhp. Auto or manual wont make much difference if you lock the converter.

6. rockandrolling

rockandrolling Member

Interesting
    So without a procharger and you have long tubes, exhaust, cam = 200 rwhp on an auto or would it be more than that, or less>

7. vsixxer24

vsixxer24 Active Member

My car made 308rwhp/330rwtq @ 4800rpms with 8psi.. cam, catless dual exhaust, ported heads, 4.3L stroker.. was pretty disappointed, thought it would make a lot more.. The tuner did not go further than 4800 since it started to leaning due to the 42# injectors.

Just got a 3.10" pulley to make 14psi compared to the 3.60" I have right now (which is suppose to be for 11psi on a stock 3.8) and 60# injectors.. should have much better numbers.

8. V6procharged

you wont go lean at that power with 42lb injectors. either maf or fuel pump needs help imo, or tuner is doing something wrong. you only made 8psi because he stopped the pull so early. you will have belt slip issues with the 3.10 pulley unless you go with an 8 rib setup or change the tensioner setup like 38stang (i think) did. you can try upgrading the tensioner pulley to a 100mm before hand and see what happens though. i would recommend a reichard racing 3.2 (15psi) ultra grip pulley.. not to mention, the 3.2 is pretty much the max for the p1sc at 6k rpms. another thing, measure the diameter of your crank pulley and make sure it is 7.5" and not 7"

9. 38stang

38stang Active Member

like v6procharger said you have a MAF or fuel pump problem. Your going to have a lot of belt slip with a 3.10 pulley and a stock procharger tensioner. At one time I had a reichard racing 3.2 pulley and it slipped bad so off it came. Yes im the guy using a factory tensioner, thats the only way to eliminate belt slip all together, but requires a lot of modification to work.

10. V6procharged

i used the 3.2 RR pulley with the 100mm tensioner pulley and a belt that was tight as hell and it didnt slip any luckily. i made 13lbs at 6.2k or so. i also routed the filter to the fender and had a larger amsoil filter on it instead of the smaller k&n it comes with. Seemed to help with boost a tad.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  11. vsixxer24

vsixxer24 Active Member

I don't think it's the pump/maf at all..possibly the tune. I sent the pulley out to carbinite to get some extra grip. Still a 6 rib setup. ProCharger told me to use that pulley, I'd imagine if they suggested it, it should be safe for the p1? I'll measure the crank. It's a stock 2001 pulley

12. V6procharged

what maf do you have and fuel pump? the 42s will be alright to probably 400rwhp. that will help, just eats the belt up quicker. if its a procharger pulley, you will more than likely have a slip problem unless that carbinite finish works wonders lol might can have it slotted like the RR pulley ultra grip is as well.. if it's a stock 01 mustang pulley, should be 7.5"... my 4.2 had the f150 pulley on it and it was only 7" and my boost was lower than normal until i swapped it out... safe depends on the rpms you take it to.

13. vsixxer24

vsixxer24 Active Member

It is a pro-m racing maf and svt focus pump. I had a fuel problem for awhile, after I changed my fuel pump and upgraded to -8AN lines with the trick flow inline, my fuel issue went away. Yea, im not sure how well that finish will last lol.. haven't heard of any other pulley besides the procharger ones. I am still new to the SC life. Putting the 60s and pulley on this weekend.. should be interesting

14. orih_cz_kay

orih_cz_kay Member

any update to this?

im running the same thing and about to do a tune. right now i have 39.5 lb injectors.

what injectors should i go up to?

also how's your idle and lower rpms? does the engine buckle, or studder?

15. vsixxer24

vsixxer24 Active Member

I think you should get 60's. It was suggested to me by Tom at SSM and my tuner.

My idle was good, didnt bounce around too much. It would bounce up and down a little in the morning for the first start of the day. But after idling for a couple minutes it leveled out. You have the same cam spec as I do. Here is what it was at idle with the P1 installed:

16. orih_cz_kay

orih_cz_kay Member

this is mine right now WITH the engine warmed up:

does yours surge/buckle at the lower rpms? cause mine does pretty much until i get under boost...

i'll install 60's. thanks.

and what MAF are you using? im using the SCT BA2600. thing is it's a 90mm MAF and the piping for the intake is 75mm before and after the MAF. could that cause a faulty reading?

17. V6procharged

the surge/buckling is more than likely in the tune or possibly the cam... i know with autos, you want to get a higher tq converter with a lopey cam.