How to build a V6 cheap.

3.8_98v6

hey i have a 94 super coupe supercharger, intake manifold, throttle body, and all piping including the intercooler. i want to put it on my stock v6 mustang and am wondering what else i need to do this. thanks

plstktnkr2

Father 4-Eye
Forged bottom end to start, block that is drilled as deep as the S/C with ARP headbolts, ECU and harness. if you are running the "dual port" head set get the super six intake and you can step up to the GT500 blower

3.8_98v6

im thinking about getting a v6 f-150 bottom end cause the super coupe upper end will bolt onto it. the v6 f-150 has all forged internals.

3.8_98v6

so i would be better off gettin the 3.8 stroker kit from moranav6racing.com? it has forged pistons, connecting rods, and crankshaft

3.8_98v6

when i order the forged internals from tom morana should i get the stage #3 heads along with a forged camshaft? or would it be cheaper to get the upper end off of a super coupe?

plstktnkr2

Father 4-Eye
what do you wanna do with the car?

I would get a shortblock,forged 4.2 and have my heads ported here or let tom do them if you have the coin to do so

3.8_98v6

well i want to supercharge my car and i want my v6 engine to handle anything i throw at it, i want my engine to be able to handle the full boost of the eaton m90 3.8 supercharger without blowing up or throwing a rod or blowing a headgasket, ect. how much would a forged 4.2 shortblock be?

plstktnkr2

Father 4-Eye
4k for forged bottom end-
machine work is about half,
6 forged pistons= 400 bucks
remachined offset ground crank-?
forged rods at least 400-600 bucks
rings ,bearings (both rod and mains) 200 bucks
main stud girdle 75-100 bucks
ARP studs 200 bucks

now you can see why a morana or supersix shortblock is so expensive at 3900 bucks

3.8_98v6

i found some super coupe heads for $200 on everdrive.com and it would be best to get the forged internals from tom morana?