Is there any tutorials on how to remove the complete egr assembly?
this write up makes it sound more complicated than it is.
1. order these parts from Ford (dealership or online)
W705609-S430 cap to block off EGR bung retail $8 discount $5
E69Z-9D440-A egr delete plate includes gasket retail $9 discount $6
(it's been a while since I checked the discount prices, but this is the cheapest place
2. get your tune modified to delete EGR
3. disconnect the EVR and DPFE electrical connectors and tuck them away
4. remove the EVR and DPFE bracket (along with the DPFE and the EVR and the vacuum tubes)(if you have a 99-00 with AIR emissions then you would leave that bracket there)
5. unscrew the egr tube from the egr valve
6. unscrew the egr tube from the header (it is 1 1/16 inches. I used to think that a crow's foot wrench was the best way to do it, but now I feel that getting a stubby 1 1/16 open ended wrench or cutting off the end of a regular length open ended wrench is better.)
7. unbolt the egr valve and the EGR valve extender thing
8. put the cap you ordered in #1 on the header
9. put the plate you ordered in #1 on the opening on the lower intake
10. put a vacuum cap on the port on the upper intake where you removed the vac line
there is no direct performance advantage to deleting the EGR.whats the purpose of doing this? performance?