How to Prevent Gay Kids

DerangedGoose

ಠ_à²
My parents never once physically struck me, and I grew up with immense love and respect for them.

They've done a million studies on it, physical punishment does not work. Yes, sometimes you might have to physically restrain/redirect your child, but if smacks and belts are the only discipling you can come up with, youre severely lacking in parental understanding.

nikko

Admin Emeritus
My parents never once physically struck me, and I grew up with immense love and respect for them.

They've done a million studies on it, physical punishment does not work. Yes, sometimes you might have to physically restrain/redirect your child, but if smacks and belts are the only discipling you can come up with, youre severely lacking in parental understanding.

But But But statistics and studies don't mean anything, my parents beat me and burned me with hot pokers and I never killed nobody or even think bad thoughts so your "facts" are meaningless duh.

Justin251

hotpocketssssss
Different kids require different tactics.

There is no one way to discipline a child that works for all.

Some don't need physical punishment and some do.

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
Statistics dont meant **** as they can be manipulated easily. And I find it funny the both of you are from cali ...... bunch of sissies and homos.

But But But statistics and studies don't mean anything, my parents beat me and burned me with hot pokers and I never killed nobody or even think bad thoughts so your "facts" are meaningless duh.

nikko

Admin Emeritus
Statistics dont meant **** as they can be manipulated easily. And I find it funny the both of you are from cali ...... bunch of sissies and homos.

Yeah, coming from such a well-rounded success story as yourself...

Requiem

more bitter by the day
Blah blah blah. Corporal punishment vs. hippie embrace-all treatment. I was spanked as a child, hit with a belt a couple times. I'll tell you what, I didn't want to recommit whatever I did that caused me to be punished. It taught me a lesson. It was far from abusive, mind you. Now, obviously, I'm not the star child of what most parents would want for their kids (especially the whole "gay" thing), but I'm far from a bad person. I didn't read the article (insert "TL:DR", acronym, I suppose), but yeah... I think it's wrong for a parent try to force their kid into a mold that they just aren't going to fit in to. My parents were always supportive of whatever positive outlet I was engaged in. I wanted to pursue art, they said go for it. I wanted to work construction, they said go right ahead. The only thing they really demanded of me was to not drop out of college without getting some sort of degree.

Travis

Lexus ES350 - Nissan Skyline GTR
In for the gdp bashing. Dude is a certified weirdo

The troll on/off is pretty stark in here, but I wasn't trying to put the guy down. Everything I know about him, mainly based on what he's said about his personal life and inability to have relationships with other people, make me think he's legitimately ****ing weird.

fly4navy117

Single anchor master race
It's a moderation thing IMO. I was never hit hard enough to leave bruises and welts, but I got popped from time to time. I will probably follow down that path as well if there is a need.