Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

how to repair ccrm???

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by monkeyman, Oct 18, 2009.

1. monkeyman

monkeyman New Member

i beleave my ccrm is bad ... and i need to fix it so first i got a different one off on 01 and it was not conpatible with my 04 ... the starter would turn but the engine would not start and the theft light was blinking so some how pats is not letting it work anyway does someone know how to fix a broken relay?

2. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

You dont fix a relay, you replace it. If one from the 04 is the same as the needed one in the 01, switch them. If not, search for parts. There is probably a part number on the side of the relay.

3. monkeyman

monkeyman New Member

I have heard of people opening them up and taking out the bad relay and sodering in a new one . So if any one knows how and what part I need that would be great

4. strictly6racing

strictly6racing Sheetmetal pro

it is very easy. get a used ccrm remove the bad relay from your ccrm and replace with the good one. all it takes is basic soldering skills. i believe the ccrm is located under the passenger side fenderwell iirc

5. monkeyman

monkeyman New Member

i know where it is , i tried replacing it once sorry i did not make that clear... but i opened one up and its just 3 back relays and i think you have to open them to find the bad one does any one know how ???

6. sand1303

sand1303 New Member