How To Retrofit HID Projectors Into New Edge Headlights

Aereon

WaiStang
Nice write-up.

Taking apart OEM headlights IS possible. It takes a lot of time/patience to do it right/cleanly though.

I'm filing all the paperwork to get my retrofit business in order, but have my first official set of headlights 95% done.
May or may not be bugging ya about it later on depending on if I'm too lazy to do another set or not.. how are you doing your mounting??

Francis

Seattle, WA>Texas
Very nice writeup. I appreciate the time you spent doing this. BTW you might want to add it to the wiki.

stangin99

Ex-stanger
May or may not be bugging ya about it later on depending on if I'm too lazy to do another set or not.. how are you doing your mounting??
I ended up using the bracket method that CougarStang used.

I played around with mounting directly to the projector, and it works fine, but it was too unreliable to get an accurate alignment.

Aereon

WaiStang
I ended up using the bracket method that CougarStang used.

I played around with mounting directly to the projector, and it works fine, but it was too unreliable to get an accurate alignment.
have you found a way to brace the projectors to minimize vibrations from the road?

stangin99

Ex-stanger
have you found a way to brace the projectors to minimize vibrations from the road?
I have not mounted them in a car, but they feel pretty damn secure mounted in the reflector and headlight housing.

I did not cut away as much of the reflector as you guys did, I instead modified the projector itself in order to fit in the reflector housing, and save me from cutting too much away.

Hopefully once I seal up the lights I can mount them in my buddys mustang and see how the officially work.

Aereon

WaiStang
I have not mounted them in a car, but they feel pretty damn secure mounted in the reflector and headlight housing.

I did not cut away as much of the reflector as you guys did, I instead modified the projector itself in order to fit in the reflector housing, and save me from cutting too much away.

Hopefully once I seal up the lights I can mount them in my buddys mustang and see how the officially work.
Sweet, can't wait to see the results.

CougarStang

I do my own stunts
Has anyone done this on a sn95 mustang? I plan on doing this but i would like to see it on my bodystyle mustang.
Assuming you mean 94-98 mustangs, this can be done with the same amount of work. The height of these headlights is pretty much the same, so the same restrictions and possibilities that I described would also apply to 94-98 headlights with one catch: You have to get a set of headlights with clear lens. I believe the cobra style ones are the ones to go for. Sixers and GTs were endowed with fluted lenses, which don't play well with projectors.

Otherwise all of the methods that I've outlined for new edges will be almost identical for 94-98 headlights.

MattG99

how did i fuuggin miss this, sweet ass sweet. guys on SVTP are dying for a write up. itl be our secret haaa

CougarStang

I do my own stunts
how did i fuuggin miss this, sweet ass sweet. guys on SVTP are dying for a write up. itl be our secret haaa
I've mentioned on SVTP that I did this writeup. Seemed to have fallen on deaf ears though.

Feel free to remind them and provide the link. Giving back to the mustang community is why I spent so much time writing this.