How would a 96 Camaro HOld

03StangV6

Im Rich Biotch
The guy has no mods...crappy tires..over like 70k miles on it...
3.4l 160hp against
3.8l mustang 03 with flowmasters x pipe and like clsoe to 200lbs taken out

the camaro is maunal...he doesnt drive it to well
mine is auto

I already beat a newer generation camaro that was auto and it was a 3.8l so this guy talkes a lot of **** but i dont think he bakcs it up

greatsave9

A 1996 Camaro would contain a 3.8L 200hp just like the "newer" Camaros.

Some Camaros beat Mustangs, some Mustangs beat Camaros. Thats how the story goes.

JamRWS6

If his car is running anywhere close to correctly he is going to wax you.

BTW like said above he has the 3.8L 200HP.

Of course you said it was a manual so if he can't drive then no need to worry.

03StangV6

Im Rich Biotch
no omg his is a 3.4l v6 lol its the older camaro with the two small scoops haha ive already waxed an auto 00 camaro and that was a 3.8!!!!

It has 160hp compared to my 193!

greatsave9

03StangV6 said:
I think his might be a 94 or 95 but it knows its 3.4l!
KK, better, 93-95 are 3.4Ls, some 3.8Ls came out in CA in '95.
A good 3.8L even with 3.08 gears and an open end should run a mid 15, but ya get a Y87 with some mods your racin a 15.0 flat car sometimes.

But ya should wax him... unless its like one of the Turbo 3.4Ls out there.

JamRWS6

03StangV6 said:
I think his might be a 94 or 95 but it knows its 3.4l!
Well then don't say its a 96.....because that IS a 3.8 and it WILL wax your ass.

03StangV6 said:
no omg his is a 3.4l v6 lol its the older camaro with the two small scoops haha ive already waxed an auto 00 camaro and that was a 3.8!!!!

It has 160hp compared to my 193!
MMMMMk....congratulations the guy could not drive. His car is faster.

Mustang007

Fire Medic
JamRWS6 said:
MMMMMk....congratulations the guy could not drive. His car is faster.

Its not very hard to drive a auto.

You might be able to take him. Just race him and find out then report back to us :cool: .

99Camaro99

The Doctor
the 3.4L is a slug enjoy :cool:

However try racing a 3.8L auto w/Y87...they're pretty quick...kinda like my old one. :)

nav6

i gotta a silly question why did u ask if u can beat a 3.4 if you already beat a 3.8.........auto or not a 3.8 fbody would destroy a manual 3.4 fbody......and a 3.8 fbody wouldnt wax a 3.8 mustang u moron.......its a diff of 7 hp and with weight in favor of the stang........that would be a real close race .....thats like saying a z28 would smoke a formula....

JamRWS6

nav6 said:
and a 3.8 fbody wouldnt wax a 3.8 mustang u moron.......its a diff of 7 hp and with weight in favor of the stang........that would be a real close race .....thats like saying a z28 would smoke a formula....

Hey dumbass, M5 F-body OR A4 F-body vs automatic V6 mustang= F-body win.

Fords transmission sucks. I have yet to see ANY auto break out of the 16s...A4 F-bodies are low to mid 15 second cars.

99Camaro99

The Doctor
JamRWS6 said:
Hey dumbass, M5 F-body OR A4 F-body vs automatic V6 mustang= F-body win.

Fords transmission sucks. I have yet to see ANY auto break out of the 16s...A4 F-bodies are low to mid 15 second cars.

exactly my old v6 camaro was an auto...I ran on a great launch stock a 15.35. My best a 15.21 was my best w/mods (and no tires) :p. The trap speed did go up tho :) So yea I've yet to see a bone stock AODE stang do that.

Mr. Ed

Trollmode (on) off
99Camaro99 said:
exactly my old v6 camaro was an auto...I ran on a great launch stock a 15.35. My best a 15.21 was my best w/mods (and no tires) :p. The trap speed did go up tho :) So yea I've yet to see a bone stock AODE stang do that.

The camaro's and firebirds were made to beat the mustang in preformance in an attempt to out sell them... So yea for the most part they are faster.

Hopefully Ford does something to the tranny's in 05...

Mustang007

Fire Medic
JamRWS6 said:

I bet ya I dont run in the 16s. Cause im mad fast and can NeVah lose.