I didnt know Mustangs were FRONT wheel drive

I

infinity

When I was at the Ford dealer yesterday picking up my oil filter, I looked at some of the new GTs(ooo, i soo want a hood scoop now) and the salesman came up and started talking about them. Anyways, he said they were front wheel drive cars, so I asked him, you mean rear wheel. Anyways, after about 4 minutes of arguing I gave up and said, Oh, my mistake, they are front wheel drive. Must have hit my head or something.
Mmmm, gota love the caliber of salesppl. Ford has ;D

H

HumpZu

You should of taken him out for a test drive, then smoke them tires like a moo/foo.  Then have him look out the window and see where the smoke is coming from?  Then, joking say... Hows that front wheel drive for ya? ;D

K

KTBug

Should have read the Mustang sales literature a little closer  ;D

C

cobramadness

you should of told him to open it up and get the manual from it.....  and show his dumba$$.

M

MilleniumMustang

Believe it or not. I think  maybe i read it somewhere on this board months ago. FORD had a bunch of front wheel drive and 4wd prototype Mustangs and a few got out to the dealerships without some people knowing. I just remember a story about a guy talking to the dealer about buying a new car and seeing its front wheel drive and taking it back...

S

Stang01Brian

i am never buying a stang again if they are front wheel drive its a ****ing mustang not a mini van, glad i bough the 01 with rear wheel drive ford racing fans are gonna drop if they make the mustangs *****

C

cobramadness

look at stang01brians mods... damn boy, you in da money huh?

H

HumpZu

Id say so! Geez.  Broal exhaust? Do u mean Borla? Maybe its a typo, prolly is, since hes got everything else top of the line.

S

SlvrGnaTsuM

I dont know why you guys are sheetin bricks over the fact "Hell no they cant make a Mustang FWD"  Itd have more power..less drivetrain loss wouldnt it?? Which would be a good thing for you pre99+ owners that get smoked by Neons haha. I personally would like to see the Mustang go AWD with a sleeker body with less muscle...kinda like the old(ok well maybe not old) Mitsu. 3000GTs. Those were haul a$$ cars.

S

scott_dawg

Hell no! its a Mustang, as in Americas Original Pony Car, as in Detroit Muscle!    It will never be the same if it was FWD. That would be the day I would say screw Mustangs!  
 AWD ..... I dont know, Maybe. Would have to be an option though.

C

cobramadness

maybe I can buy that suspension from stangparts.com when it comes out ;D