Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I have $2,300 for mods.  WHAT TO DO?TURBOCHARGER?!

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Red_Sports_cars_always_get_pulled_over, Dec 8, 2001.

1.  I was thinking  of getting a turbocharger.  What does this involve, how much does it cost, single or twin, does it require other mods, how is the power gain?  I have a superchip.  Will I need to get another chip?

2. I think a turbo cost a lot more than 2300.  You might be able to get a supercharger.

3. Bytes

Bytes Guest

I also read that you should get a new head and a dual exhasut is highly recommended for the super charger.

4. If you want to read up on turbos check out www.turbodrivenconcepts.com.  They have twin turbo set ups.  Least expensive is 4000.  You can probably get more information there.

5. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

Before you can turbocharge or supercharge you gotta make upgrades to your engine so that you dont throw any rods or blow anything. my $.2

6. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

You know if you save another $300 you could get a Stage 3 from Super Six Motorsports.

7. Shogunstang

Shogunstang Guest

buy a used engine from stangparts and rebuild it all with new parts

8. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

But hes already got one. j/k ;D

9. How much would it cost to get a GT or Cobra engine and install it?  Would I need a new chip and other stuff...tranny, fuel pump, rear end, etc..?

Also, is it possible to get a used supercharger for a cheap price?

Thank yall,

Thomas

10. Shogunstang

Shogunstang Guest

I have a friend with a supercharger for 350

11. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

That engine swap is kind of expensive. Your better off just buying a new car.

12. Captain_Ron

Captain_Ron Guest

Yeah, new car maybe.  Although I cant bring myself to lose my pony!  I grown quite attached to the little guy :)

13. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

well you could just spend the money and do it, if you love your car that much. I was going to, but this site accualy inspired me to see how much I can sqeeze out of my 6. My brother estimated $6000 to swap to a GT engine. Thats without labor.

14. If you love your car invest in it.  I am never going to get rid of my car so eventually it is going to get a v8.  But right now it is time to have fun with the v6.

15. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

Thats what I, talkin about. Ill move to a V-8 when my 6 dies.;D

16. Eventually I will buy a gt or cobra.  But I want to have this one and say that I built it up the way I wanted it.  That and my dad said that he is going to take it away when I buy another car.

17. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

Im gonna keep this car indefinatly. Im thinking of buying a black 95 Cobra convert. when I get back to the states.

18. Well, if you hafta swap engines, I wouldnt go for anything other than a Windsor 351. And even then, youd still have some work to do before its competitive against these Z-28s. I think you can easily get better performance than a GT or a Cobra from a 3.8 V-6. Comeon, 4.6 liters and 260 horsepower? When GM is putting 5.7 LT-1s in their top end cars. If you gotta switch, 351 is where to go. Personally, Im sticking with my 3.8 and going for a Vortech. You put on a supercharger and nitrous, thats about 200 horse right there.

19. Im going to put a 600ci engine in my car.  They sell them at a speed shop here.  If it dont fit I will make it fit.

20. Well, if a 351 is tight fit, and 600 ci is about twice that, I think some mods will be necessary to fit it in there.....