i know there a few really good artists on here...(9-11 tattoo FINISHED)

mikek2111987

Welcome to 3.Hate
im going to be a firefighter/training to be one at the moment and im looking to get a new tattoo. i remembered when 9/11 happened how much all the firefighters who died trying to save someone elses left meant to me so i want to get a half sleeve (majority of my forearm and wrist) for all of them...i have a very good tattoo artist whos done a great job on all the ones i have but we dont really have the same "artistic ideas" if you will, when i have him draw me stuff it never comes out the way i foresaw, sooo if anyone out there is willing to do a rough sketch for me id greatly appreciate it, and if its good enough maybe ill send some mustang parts your way

im a pretty terrible artist but i could probably make some doodles to give ideas for anyone whos willing to help

FINISHED see post #97

232-MUSTANG

what do you have in mind that you want included in it? im not the best artist, but i can create some really good designs sometimes:)

mikek2111987

Welcome to 3.Hate
232-MUSTANG said:
what do you have in mind that you want included in it? im not the best artist, but i can create some really good designs sometimes:)
i was thinking something like the twin towers in the background with one on fire, whichever the first one to get hit was. then have a firefighter kinda kneeling and looking down at the ground with his axe in one hand kinda leaning on it... then next to the sides of the buildings say "All Gave Some" and "Some Gave All"... then below all that say "Fallen Heros"

feel free to elaborate or change anything, i dont really care but a good drawing would definetly make a nice start

domin8

Lazy Unicorn
i like that phrase...cool ideea but shouldnt you know which tower was hit first etc. etc. before you put on your arm...just playin devils advocate, it would be nice to know about what wil be on your arm. :thumbup:

mikek2111987

Welcome to 3.Hate
domin8stang said:
i like that phrase...cool ideea but shouldnt you know which tower was hit first etc. etc. before you put on your arm...just playin devils advocate, it would be nice to know about what wil be on your arm. :thumbup:
yeah i probably should but i dont remember...im pretty sure it was the right (east west?) tower

mikek2111987

Welcome to 3.Hate
im goin to canada in a few and wont be home till tomorrow, any luck either of you or anyone else want to take a stab at it?

PhantAZN

Taste The AZN
ill have something up tomorrow; ive got one final report left before im completely done with finals

lucas

soft tacos= lazy burritos
i have a very good tattoo artist whos done a great job on all the ones i have but we dont really have the same "artistic ideas"
just from my experience if your artist does see the same thing you see you should look for a different artist
thats going to be there for a long long time

domin8

Lazy Unicorn
PhantAZN said:
quick sketch; im not quite following what you outlined so tell me what you need changed

ftw! thats awesome, maybe putting the FDNY shield or a generic shield type thing behind the firefighter but in front of the buildings...iono, looks like it need something else

Hancock

mikek2111987 said:
so i want to get a half sleeve (majority of my forearm and wrist)
better make sure you can be a firefighter with a forearm tattoo first... I've seen firefighters with tattoos but never on their forearms.

just a thought, don't want you getting the tattoo and then not being able to get the job because of it.. that'd be kind of ironic. :lol:

mikek2111987

Welcome to 3.Hate
PhantAZN said:
quick sketch; im not quite following what you outlined so tell me what you need changed
damn. if thats a quick sketch i cant wait to see a finished product...i found a picture i attached that i like the layout of the buildings and smoke and whatnot...i wish i could give you better detail but i dont have much of a creative/artistic side. its going to be pretty good side so i want to throw alot of detail and **** going on in it

Hancock said:
better make sure you can be a firefighter with a forearm tattoo first... I've seen firefighters with tattoos but never on their forearms.

just a thought, don't want you getting the tattoo and then not being able to get the job because of it.. that'd be kind of ironic. :lol:
haha yeah it would be but half the guys in my city have full sleeves so im guessing its ok

Attachments

Hancock

mikek2111987 said:
haha yeah it would be but half the guys in my city have full sleeves so im guessing its ok
I wasn't trying to be shitty, I've got a half sleeve myself.
I was just saying that because I know some government jobs will not hire people who have tattoos... I've even heard of them paying to have them removed.

mikek2111987

Welcome to 3.Hate
Hancock said:
I wasn't trying to be shitty, I've got a half sleeve myself.
I was just saying that because I know some government jobs will not hire people who have tattoos... I've even heard of them paying to have them removed.
yeah i know you werent i know you have a pretty good amount yourself

i orginally started going to school to be a cop so i was holding off on getting anything from the elbows down cause i know they are very strict about that, then i looked into firefighting more and realized thats what i want to do, but you might be right so im considering getting it on my bicep and finishing my half sleeve since i already have 1 on my inner bicep and one down the back of my tricep on my left arm

PhantAZN

Taste The AZN
here it is, might be shrunk down a bit vertically because of my camera; the paper wont fit on my scanner.