Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need some Help

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by TrainGender, Feb 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TrainGender

TrainGender New Member

Hello guys this is my first post on this forum, So I guess I will tell you about my car and What I need help with. I have 95 v6 mustang 5 spd. I bought it for 1k, put another 1k in to get it to pass inspection and now I am dallying it, in New England, which is fun, this car is the reason I finally decided I wanted to go to school to be a mechanic, the problem is the car has a pretty hidden past, and the odometer is stuck at 150k. Do not get me wrong I baby this car with new parts all the time, every lab day we have this car gets on the lift. But I know soon the car will strand me somewhere, and I know even though all the love I have fr the v6, I want to swap it for something with more potential to be modded. Now do not think I am going to swap this in my driveway on some jack stands, this swap will be done professionally, with the help of teachers and classmates, I want to swap a 5.0 most likely but I do not know everything I need yet. Sorry for such a long post. I really just would like to know what goes into swapping the 5.0 in

2. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Don't go there. The computer, tune and wiring harness will fight you all the way and cost you way more that the trouble it will cause. Trade the car in and find a GT.

3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Member

I second 6 Shooter on that. Either sell the car for a GT or keep the V6 in the car. I swapped a 2001 V6 into my 96 and even that was a fair amount more work than I initially expected. I highly recommend changing your gear ratio. Stock ratio is terrible (2.72)! Get a rear 8.8 rear diff from a GT. You get a stronger diff, limited slip and a better ratio (3.27). I definitely noticed a change when I swapped mine. Fairly cheap upgrade, and it bolts right in.