Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Illegal drug use threads glorifying drugs

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by cobra232, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domin8

domin8 Lazy Unicorn

x2

2. Hancock

Hancock New Member

Holy **** you just took the words right out of my mouth. :lol: :thumbup:

If the drugs are being glorified by so many people, then it sounds like you're surrounded by people who do practice recreational drug use. Get over it or find a new site. :confused: :thumbup:

3. novaspyder

novaspyder Crash and Burn

to anger you. And it looks like I am sucessful once again. Mission accomplished.

4. Dennis1417

Dennis1417 Well-Known Member

Dude just shut up. Unless people are advertising drugs they are selling then they can talk about all the drugs they want. I don't do any drugs but what you're asking is just retarded.

[​IMG]

5. intermision

intermision I'm a Pirate!!! ARRRRRR

I pretty sure it's not illegal to talk about street racing, or talk about drugs.

6. blackstang04

blackstang04 New Member

The only thing I dont like about the drug threads is the fact that when someone (like myself) says that drugs are bad, everyone feels the need to sit there and point out that drugs are okay, that they are pretty much harmful, and that it's perfectly normal to do them. Granted, that is more directed towards weed, but jesus, I dont come on here to try and be convinced that drugs are great and harmless.
    :thumbdown:

7. Hooligan01

Hooligan01 Cold Hearted B*stard

I feel that if you dont want to see people talk about drug use, dont open the threads that say "I got blazed on _________ last night".

That solves the problem right there, you dont need to post in every thread in OT, open the ones you want to read, dont open the ones you dont want to read. Its really not that hard.

8. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

You guys are forgetting one thing....this is not a democracy. Everyone here can gripe about it but we're not changing the rules. Illegal drugs will not be tolerated here. It's a private site, get over it!

9. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

Are you referencing a real thread here? Can you link to it?

In general, these sorts of threads have never been condoned.

On the other hand, if people want to talk about the legalization of marijuana, ask who smokes it, or discuss the effects of it (or any other illicit drug for that matter), I don't see any problem with that.

10. Taylor

Taylor New Member

I think the people reading random facts on google about why pot is the greatest thing on this earth should stop getting on people's back when they have their OWN negative opinion on drugs.

11. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

Pretty much, Novas thread that was OMG I GOT HIGH!!!11!11 Turned to why marijuana should/should not be legal.

Almost every "drug" thread you will go into you find someone always acting negative on the ill effects of said drug.

You guys allow a forum called "track Stories" which is a majority of stories of people racing cars on the street. We have Justang talking about how he is making certain guns that are illegal, legal in CA (the AR15 if memory serves me right) not that I am against that, but I think its pretty funny. (BTW I am 90% sure something of that sort happened, I don't remember if he specifically said how to, or that he was just going to)

The real curiosity comes from how track stories is allowed. Most of the weed threads talk about someone smoking in there house, while the "track stories' are people talking about what cars they raced, on the street. Rather Ironic if I do say so myself.

Oh and for the bolded of Nikkos statement, that is pretty much what I said in a response to Pinto in another thread. If somone wants to come and ask about a drug here, they should. I would assume adults would rather have there kid ask about the effects of X rather then just going out and trying X.

12. Hooligan01

Hooligan01 Cold Hearted B*stard

So true.

And in reference to us needing to get over all of this being the rules since its not a democracy, thats fine, i understand that, but why are you arguing your point if nothing is going to change.

13. Pinto Beast

Pinto Beast boom, outa' here

I would not want my child seeking the advice of 16 and 17 year olds who think they know everything about the world and the ins and outs of drugs. The fact that the majority of the people here will say try it out, it's not bad for you ect would not make me want my child to seek their info here. Sorry but I wouldn't come here asking for certain info, like asking how to handle a touchy situation with my wife as the vast majority of the people on this site are not married and would not be able to give advice beyond PIITB. These are the same people giving the expert advice on illeagle drugs

14. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

But its okay for your child to see street racing glorified?

Or the many other things that get posted on this message board?

15. Pinto Beast

My child is four right now, and I hope he is into cars when he gets older as I would like to build a car for him together. I will teach him it is ok to race and have fun, but there is a proper place to do it. By showing him the fun that can be had at the track in a safe environment with out consequenses I would hope he would know enough not to par take in that activity. It worked for me, it should work for him. If he ever came home with a ticket for racing or I ever found out he was his car would become my car and the boy would be taking the heel toe express.

Having a father that is into cars and racing stressing the fact that it is not ok to race on the street since there is a proper place for that in my eyes would be a lot easier for a kid to understand and follow directions than questions about drug use. I will stress the point that they are not ok for him in any way and he will not be using them under my roof. I don't think that he should come on here and have a bunch of 16-17 year old kids telling him "**** the old man, there is nothing wrong with it, by the way order this off of ebay to pass your drug test." Every kid knows that people do drugs and people street race.

As KTbug stated before, street racing threads are not allowed but for what ever reason that rule has not been strongly enforced. I feel that a site like this should not condone either drug use nor street racing.

16. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

fear change? why do you fear change. you fear that you may not be able to talk about getting stoned and how drugs are cool. get a life. BTW drugs were a major problem in the 30's heroine for 1 was everywhere. Cocaine was everywhere in the early part of the 20th also.

i do not fear change. i believe that a motorsports society should uphold proper standards especially against illegal drug usage. how can 3.8mustang ever be considered serious to host any future event while not taking a stance against drugs. it seems like most motorsports clubs and organizations a quite vocal and publically so about the ill effects of drug usage and they take an active role in educating youth to it dangers.

yes it's off topic but there are rules to be followed. i for one do not care for the numerous drug posts and yes i don't have to read them but i take pride in this site that's why i visit here more than any other site.

maybe i will just go somewhere else. back to V6power maybe.

sorry if i offend you but the drug glorification offend me here. maybe i do need to go elsewhere afterall what's one member especially cobra232. not saying i add anything positive to this place maybe i don't. i'll let others judge me on that issue but maybe this place isn't for me. i just hope others don't feel the same way as i do because it would be a shame to lose members over the allowance of illegal drug glorification here

have a nice evening

17. novaspyder

novaspyder Crash and Burn

Im sorry you feel that way but all drugs are not bad as you have been made to believe. I will not refuse to talk about something because your ignorance and close-mindedness deems it as bad. Your opinions of drugs are based purely on what you have been told all your life and the preachings of the government. Try experiancing it for yourself before you form such a biased opinion on it, with knowing nothing of it.

18. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

Then as a parent, you can explain that drugs are bad.

Its pretty hypocritical to say there are rules yet they aren't enforced

19. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

who says i never experienced it. i am not proud of it and i have seen for my own eyes what drugs can do. even weed.

people buy their weed while their kids go without clothes or proper food and companies suffer from production from people on weed

let's see Heroine. completely destroys a person and their life and probably the worst drug to get off of. Cocaine destroys your heart. Meth ravages your body. Crack the same. Shrooms are brutally dangerous to brain function. Acid can cause lasting effects 20 years later.

even prescrip drugs that are abused like Oxy destroys peoples lives and can damage hearing. Vicoden taken excessivly can completely change your nervous system chemistry. Xanax causes seizures if taken too much or stopped cold turkey.

please don't sit back a lecture me with you higher than thou knowledge of drugs. it has hit home for me personally and i have seen what it does to people including loved ones. that's why i take such a strong stance on the matter. i don't need gov't or media telling me drugs are bad as i have experienced it so get off you high horse and dissillusions of your misconcieved notion of the benign nature of drugs

20. Pinto Beast

Other than the fact that it is illegal and my work can to random drug tests that sounds like a great idea. Infact I could spend the money I was going to save on my kids schooling and put it towords some drugs. Perhaps if I did that I could be as wise and knowledgeble as you are and could speak at the high level of intellect like you as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.