Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Illegal drug use threads glorifying drugs

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by cobra232, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiggab00

Jiggab00 Well-Known Member

So is removing the cats from your car. Guess we can't talk about that anymore either. If you don't like it, don't read it. It's really not that hard.

2. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

I think for myself, thank you! I have formed 1st hand opinions from what drugs have done to the lives of numerous friends over the years.

Just try me! :mad:

Ummm, no! See my 1st comment. You know nothing about me.

Weak! That's what drugs do to your brain. :disgust:

3. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

Oh please! It's not illegal everywhere! :rolleyes:

4. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

Either is weed.:idea:

5. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

I asked you a question above that you chose not to answer. Are you referencing a specific thread? Because in general, threads like the one you're describing are locked or deleted.

I'm not going to prohibit discussion of certain topics though just because some people think that the subject matter can be negative to peoples' lives.

Drugs kill people. Absolutely. So do guns, street racing, pollution, and false-pretense "wars on terror".

That doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about them, or more specifically that we should prohibit and censor people from talking about such things. If people want to have an objective conversation about drugs, sex, politics, cars, or anything else, then I think that off-topic is a great place to be doing that. If I were to say that we shouldn't be talking about guns on this forum because they kill people and have no place in an automotive forum then you'd be one of the very first to call me a liberal commie.

I'm sorry that certain topics offend some people. With that in mind I'd suggest you don't read them. You don't have the right to not be offended, but you are in complete control of your mouseclick finger.

3.8 doesn't condone the glorification of drugs or any other illegal or immoral activity. But I'm simply not going to outright ban discussion on a subject because some people are offended.

6. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

It is here! ;)

7. Miles

Miles V6 Boostang

I agree with Nikko on this one, if you dont like what the thread is about, then dont click it. Its not being forced on you.

8. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

http://www.v6mustang.com/threads/180654/

so if someone was to start a thread on how good having sex with a 10 year old girl was and others chimed in as agreed but others said it was horrific and against the law and it shouldn't be posted here then the people against it are wrong??

justification of doing something illegal is no argument for it to be posted here. i have seen very few drug related threads get locked. they may start out as something like should it be legal and by the third post it turns into damn man i was tripping last night and it was soooo awsome.

sorry it has no place here. if you disagree then that's you opinion and we differ there.

IMO it shouldn't be discussed and the even try to justify usage is retarded. the damage it does physically to the user and the emotional damage it does to their loved ones not to mention keeping drug dealers in business which is responsible for more violent and lethal crimes in this country than all other motives combined.

discussing legality is fine by me. i have no problem with people having discussions on legality issues but like i said the threads quickly turn from legality to justification and how good they are and people are stupid for thinking they are bad and harmfull.

IMO if a thread goes offbeat like that it should be locked or deleted. 3.8 has a responsibility IMO to admonish such usage. members eyes are not the only ones looking in here. guests may be young kids interested in mustangs and stumble across such a thread and think wow i want to try that crap afterall that dude seemed like he knew what he was talking about when he said they are not bad or harmfull because it is just the gov't going around saying they are bad.

i agree with some but disagree with you on most of this issue and like i said it would be no different if a bunch of pedofiles joined here and started discussing legality a sexin a 10 year old and it turned into how good it is and why others are dumb to oppose it.

i would be opposed to talkin about illegal usage of guns and how to kill people with them too

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  9. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

10 year old girls can't consent to sexual activity. Having sex with a 10 year old girl infringes on the 10 year old girl's rights. Putting a substance in your body (any substance) does not infringe on any other person's rights.
    What defines illegal usage? Is making a post asking someone how to shoot a gun illegal? Is asking someone what the effects are of a 40 grain bullet hitting a piece of flesh from 100 yards out illegal? Should we prohibit those sorts of discussions?

We have a loyal following of people here who actively discuss collecting, modifying, and shooting assault rifles. That is, machines that were made for the sole purpose of killing other humans.

What if I were to ban discussion on that?

10. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

assault rifles as you call them are not assault rifles. they are assault type rifles. they only look the same as assault rifles ( full auto's)

an AR-15 functions no different than a remington 7400 hunting rifle. both are autoloading rifles with the trigger having to be sqezzed every time you want to make the next shot. they are perfectly legal. now if one was to start a thread on how to make them full auto by modifying them then i agree to lock or delete the thread.

asking what affect of a 40gr 22-250 bullet hitting flesh at 100 yrds is hardle illegal unless you are talking about a human target.

so i guess the guy that shot up with heroine and tried to take my wallet wasn't infringing on my rights??? my right hand infringed on his progress in quick order and soon after a police baton and kuffs.

weak argument there i hate to say Nikko

11. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

Of course there was also DE talking about his Full Auto AK-47, and he lives in Houston

12. Drawlin

Drawlin Unknown, even to me

1. the subject of drugs, or street racing and guns for that matter, should never be be hidden and locked away. questions regarding such things can bring about good information(not info like where to get weed, but more along the lines of educating the asker about what and how, which is lagit info).

2. this is where a good mod team really shine, because they have to sift through all the verious threads, and decide which ones are legit and which aren't.

so far, i'd say the 3.8 mod team have been doing a fine job of keaping the place decent.

13. novaspyder

novaspyder Crash and Burn

lol I forgot about that one :lol:

Being able to question laws and such as well as have civil discussions with others, no matter what the subject, is one of the foundations of our country

If you dont like the thread, dont click it! It really is that easy! You dont have to go into threads trying to stir up trouble you know!

14. Mustangered

Mustangered New Member

How come theres allways a 5% of a forum that wants to make changes and control the forum in a way that 95% of the people do not want?

and to the older parental units.

Just like you can teach your kid its not ok to street race even when you read about it on a forum.

You can teach your kid that trying and experimenting with drugs is wrong.

and your kids aint even viewing this site.. so why are you trying to control it?

I think the ones who have a problem reading this stuff are extreme recovering addicts with no self control and can't handle reading about marijuana usage because it makes them want to toke up ;)

15. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

How can you discuss the legality of a chemical if you do not also discuss the effects that chemical has on civilization? :confused:

Contradictory, and one sided in my opinion.

16. Hooligan01

Hooligan01 Cold Hearted B*stard

Whats the difference to people making a thread saying they need help getting out of a speeding ticket, and help passing a drug test.

The speeding ticket, is going faster than the speed limit, which is illegal.

Passing a drug test, is getting past an illegal chemical that is in your body.

Speeding, drugs, both are illegal, but yet the speeding one can be discussed???

17. Drawlin

well, with the ticket, you where caught, and now are trying to legaly get out of it.

with the drug test one, you are trying to not get caught. there is a diff.

18. Hooligan01

Hooligan01 Cold Hearted B*stard

Either way they are both illegal. Thats the whole ****ing point of this thread.

19. Drawlin

um, discusing way to get out of a ticket, ie traffic school, finding a loop hole where the cop made a mistake, is not illegal.

20. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

Full auto's are not illegal. you must have the proper liscence to own one but except for Cali they are legal to own and shoot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.