1. Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Inspection - Airbag Light On

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by slipk911, Jul 31, 2007.

Social Buttons
  1. slipk911

slipk911 New Member

Does anyone know if I can pass inspection with my airbag light on in Pennsylvania? I have the airbags in except i don't have the computer installed. I could disable the light but from what i heard there is a unit behind the radio that makes an annoying beeping sound if you do that so that needs to be disconnected also.
  2. RiPPeD

RiPPeD Carry Much?

leave the bulb in, just slap some electrical tape over the airbag display on the backside of the dash. or a lil black tester paint pen will work wonders.. :)
  3. 84mustang

84mustang New Member

yes you can pass inspection, and emissions if your county requires it. i am an inspection mechanic in western PA, and am asked this question all the time. and for the tape "trick", if it is for a cel which would fail emissions the light must illuminate in the koeo ( key on engine off) test, so that wouldnt work. hope this helps.