Instructional on How to Dye your Interior

WLJohnson05

BOOOOOST
How's it holding up?
all the soft pieces that i used the sem stuff on stands strong and worked perfect, the hard plastic pieces had a tendency to scrape off if i didnt run a clear coat over it, i ended up redoing the bottom sides of the door panels with some plastic paint and then used a matte clear on it and they turn out the exact same color as the soft pieces with the sem on it. i just finished up the last coats on teh actual dash today.

ronnybej

i painted the accents in my interior (mustang on the steering wheel) and it really makes the interior come alive. Im going to paint the rest of the interior for the spring. a nice cheap mod that makes a world of difference.

Zer0Morph

Go Colts!!
Wow it's been forever since I've been in here. Seems I always pop in around March every year now lol, today must be my anniversery for my sticky! :)

Wow Johnson, that interior looks great man, thanks for helping these guys out in my absense. And yes I agree about the SEM sticking to hard surfaces, it rubs off easily, I could scrape mine off with my fingernail. But seems you fixed that problem with flat matte clear coat, thats awesome!

Do you have any updated pics of the backseat? I'd like to see how that looks...

pirate bman

Question for you. I dyed my door panels on my grand am and they came out amazing like your did. How ever I have not even driven the car much since and it didn't occur till just now, eventually dirt will get on there, and unless it's been a glossy spray, how does one dress it? Degreaser shouldn't hurt the dye should it? And the nieve question if you like dressings, what can or can't be used on them after?

Phil II

Cone Destroyer
Question for you. I dyed my door panels on my grand am and they came out amazing like your did. How ever I have not even driven the car much since and it didn't occur till just now, eventually dirt will get on there, and unless it's been a glossy spray, how does one dress it? Degreaser shouldn't hurt the dye should it? And the nieve question if you like dressings, what can or can't be used on them after?
I think you're going to have to trust your judgement. The other posters in this thread aren't active, not since 2009.