Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Instructional On installing a Push Button Starter

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by kmonie360, Jul 9, 2004.

1. buccs47

buccs47 New Member

anybody know where i can get one online i want to the 3 autostores in my town they didnt have any thanks

2. SFrymyah

SFrymyah Hi, I'm Steven

look on Ebay for an S2000 starter button, or check out ignited

3. joughbagh

joughbagh New Member

My Daewoo came with one! :D

4. quegg21

quegg21 New Member

I have two questions.....

Can the push button be installed to replace the coin holder (I have a 2002)? I hate the coin holder. It's either doing this or deleting it.

Anyone know of any kits with a flip cover for the button? Might make it look cooler and added protection.

5. 99Stang82

99Stang82 New Member

There is a module that you can purchase to bypass the chip in the key. Its the same one that is used for the remote start on 99+. You will need an extra key to put inside the module. Module is roughly about $60.

6. 03mystang

03mystang New Member

This sounds pretty cool.

I have an extra button in my 03, there is a trac control, rear defrost and an extra button. Think it is possible to install the button there?

7. 03mystang

03mystang New Member

This sounds really cool, but seems kind of risky. What are the chances of the button not working, then my ignition is screwed up.....You can not use the key to start it anymore. How risky is this>

8. ecdpres1

ecdpres1 New Member

i finally installed the push button start on my 2000 and she not only looks good with it but it gives me a better sense of security with my car because of the particular kit that i got my hands on it's not like the autozone kit it's a pep boys switch you don't just turn the key to the on position with mine you actually have to hold the key like you are starting the car and push the button at the same time but it's a really cool trick to do on your friends if they don't know that the button is there plus it's a really cool mod
    ecdpres1

9. kmonie360

kmonie360 Official 3.8 Sponsor-Kmonie360

it's deffintly not a risky mod. You don't HAVE to cut any wires. Thats why i was excited about doin it.

Try it out if u don't like it... just patch up the wires. They will all go right back to normal.

10. Gen4 Camry

Gen4 Camry New Member

I dont get this part, If you DO NO recomend splicing starter wire, how do you complete the insall? and what is other option to do it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

11. Sonic232Stang

Sonic232Stang 3.8mustang.com addict

thats pretty awesome man, but what if you didn't lock you car and someone got in it and just pushed the button and bounced out with your ride:eek: Makes it easier for the criminals heh?

12. ecdpres1

ecdpres1 New Member

well if you do it right they can't take your car if you don't leave the keys in the vehicle as far as gen all you have to do is just splice back a little bit of the wire itself and wrap the actual wire that you are going to use around the starter wire itself and you will be good to go if you are still confused why don't you just take it to a custom car shop and have them do it for you it shouldn't be too expensive

later all
    ecdpres

13. Saber

Saber Just annother slo 6

Has any one try putting in a "dead" switch in series with the starter button on this mod yet? So you have to hit the hidden "dead" switch to activate the "run" position and then hit the starter button? Getting rid of the column mounted key switch all together sounds cool. Not blue-tooth key fob in a vette cool,:( but close.:D

14. dkane20tx

dkane20tx Me..You...& The Shocker!

the push button has always been a great mod but it also makes it just that much easier for someone to steal. or am i wrong?

15. Flyboy 06

Flyboy 06 Hi, Im your pal Greg

I think that relocating the key hole would be kool too. like the veyron, there is another key hole in the center console that unlocks the top speed mode. if you could find a cool place to put the stock starter, then it would look planned enough to be cool that your using the key or the key could be hidden somewhere, like inside the center console storage thing. thats just my opinion though. if anybody could find a way to make a C6-like system work for our cars, let me know. i will definitely buy it.

16. Onicrom

Onicrom 4.6 Liter Bow Tie Eater

:lol: first time ive seen this thread... never paid attention.

17. Mustang piggy

Mustang piggy Active Member

Man you guys are going to get me in trouble. If it's not the money I am spending it's all the time outside putting goodies on. Guess i will have to have this too. As far as those extra bottons next to the defroster, one goes to your fog lights. I just hooked mine up today. Easy mod, my kit gave me the choice of that button or the coin thing comming out and a rocker type switch. I saved that switch figured i can find lights or something for it.

I live right on the border, cars go over quick. The best protection is still the club. Alarms don't do a thing.

Kmonie that red spot looks super cool but the rest of your interior needs some help. May I suggest a new ball for starters http://www.epcomfg.com/shiftknobs.html

18. Corrupted

Corrupted don't be a suck-up...

so how would i do like mercedes/lexus and just make it so like

i can carry a key card in my wallet that then enables the push button to work, THAT would be cool, not putting the key in then pushing :thumbdown: :thumbup: :uhh:

19. 02SilverStang

02SilverStang Nick

that would be really cool, but i imagine it would also be really expensive :(

20. Corrupted

Corrupted don't be a suck-up...

Probably just need some type of RF transmitter thing, and make sure it uses a big enough code that it would be hard to duplicate it or something?