Its about time we posted videos of our pets/Now a snake thread

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
Alright I own a columbian red-tail boa and an albino burmese python. Theyre awesome pets. I record 99% of their feedings which ranges from live mice/rats, to pre-killed mice/rats. Here's some high def vids:

Red Tail Boa:

[YOUTUBE]otQZc-ayoWY[/YOUTUBE]

Albino Burmese Python:

iPhone video

[youtube]YLTjJndw-vg[/youtube] < Watch until the end and you can see inside it's mouth/down its throat kind of.

Watch this in full HD 1080p. Its the ****. Ill be updating all of this everytime the snakes feed. Theres another of the red tail feeding but its being processed by youtube.

EVERYTHING BELOW THIS IS A NEW VIDEO

A good lesson on supervising live feeds for your snake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
What do you mean? I mean this guy's totally normal and Id trust him with my kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

LilRoush

Rare Roush Collector
Those snakes are so small.

Domingo

LT's on a vert
I can't view the vids at work, but what kind of caging are you using (or planning to use) for an adult burm, or the adult red-tail? We've been weighing our options for our redtail as she's growing.

BigEZ

Between two ferns
I can't view the vids at work, but what kind of caging are you using (or planning to use) for an adult burm, or the adult red-tail? We've been weighing our options for our redtail as she's growing.
I'm working on a home built enclosure, it's 6ft by 2 1/2ft by 2 1/2ft tall. Shits huge lol. Mine is quickly outgrowing the 40 gallon breeder she's in. Last measurement I took of her she was 5'-6"ish.

WangoStango

Super Bowl Champions
OMGZ snakez is the greatest pet evar. Nevermind that it shows no emotion towards me and would kill me in my sleep the first chance it gets.

steelcity

yea, how do you plan on housing a full grown burm? even redtails grow pretty big, but burms get huge. i love albino burms!

my "snake guy". has two purple retic's that are some kinda weird morph and only two of 19 in captivity. they are beautiful.

i will reserve this space for videos of my "man eating pit bull":lol:

Domingo

LT's on a vert
I'm working on a home built enclosure, it's 6ft by 2 1/2ft by 2 1/2ft tall. shits huge lol. Mine is quickly outgrowing the 40 gallon breeder she's in. Last measurement I took of her she was 5'-6"ish.

Yeah, ours is doing ok in the 40 gallon, but should be moved to something bigger before too much longer. I've been looking around, mainly because I don't feel like building something right now, lol.

kballa6

Geaux Tigers
I miss my snake. I had an 8ft Burmese, but I gave her to the Zoo when I graduated. She was eating bunnies when I gave her away.

BigEZ

Between two ferns
Yeah, ours is doing ok in the 40 gallon, but should be moved to something bigger before too much longer. I've been looking around, mainly because I don't feel like building something right now, lol.
I'm building mine out of rough 2x4's and plywood i'll skin it later with something more decorative. I took a double paned piece of glass out of an extra door we had out in our shed that was nearly 6 feet long. So far it's cost me nothing to build lol.

Domingo

LT's on a vert
I'm building mine out of rough 2x4's and plywood i'll skin it later with something more decorative. I took a double paned piece of glass out of an extra door we had out in our shed that was nearly 6 feet long. So far it's cost me nothing to build lol.

I've been thinking of doing something like that. My problem is that we don't have much of a work area in the house anymore.

I've been checking craigslist to see if anyone is trying to get rid of one from a snake they don't have anymore.:lol:

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
Those snakes are so small.

Anything is small compared to a semi-grown retic. Besides, they're babies, the redtail is 5 months and the burm is just at 4 months. The snake in your picture would no trouble causing a serious hurt on me.

For the Burm Im definitely going to build a cage for it when it gets big enough. Its barely at 4 months old now and close to 3 feet, so probably this time next year. Im thinking 6x2x2 will be fine. The red tail Ill probably keep in the 40L tank I have for it now until she's bigger than 5 feet. When she gets bigger than that Ill probably just build another cage, 4x2x2. Ill see when the time comes.

OMGZ snakez is the greatest pet evar. Nevermind that it shows no emotion towards me and would kill me in my sleep the first chance it gets.

They really are emotionless pets and yeah they'll kill you if youre stupid with them. I cant argue with you on that.

Wow, the burmese was amazingly lazy when it would wrap up the mouse. :lol:

She's only lazy with stunned prey. I think she knows she doesnt have to really try because the rat is halfway out of it and wont really fight back. If I put a live rat in there fully coherent then she'll straight up murder it full force. The rat in the cellphone video was put in there right after I swung it by its tail and smacked its head against my desk. It was more developed and I was worried it would bite the **** out of the burm. She will not eat pre-killed or f/t anymore, so its only live rats for now.

"Those ****ing birds" ...click to see those ****ing birds

:lol:

They're my wife's, and they're awful.

BigEZ

Between two ferns
Have you thought about trying to get them to eat frozen pre killed. It's saved me a ton of money since I can buy in bulk. Might want to consider it since you'll be buying larger feed like guinea pigs or rabbits for the albino.

Also lol @ those ****ing birds. My wife has a sun conure that does that exact same ****.