Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Judas stang

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 016banger, Jun 9, 2017.

1. 016banger

016banger New Member

Ok so i have an issue with my 01 mustang. I can crank it and drive roughly an hour or so but then it starts bogging at idle. If i turn it off after driving and attempt to restart it it boggs so heavily and rpms drop that if i do not catch it with gas it will die. Then it lurches when driving if i do manage to keep it on. Ive put it in the shop twice now after replacing the fuel filter and maf myself. Yes TWICE. First time intake manifold leak. Yay fixed andddd nope. Second time coil pack yayyyy and ****. Here i am. Im wondering if maybe plugs/wires or fuel problem. Im at a loss guys someone please help. I put it in the shop to not throw parts at it and now it feels as if that's all I'm doing.

2. 016banger

016banger New Member

It does drive fine during first crank. Only after it has been driven and turned off will it really show problems.

3. douglass

douglass Active Member

Any check engine light? Any way to verify the the IMRC valves are operating correctly? Do you have the ability to data log the car?

4. 016banger

016banger New Member

No check engine light and I'm not sure what imrc valves are? I'm a shade tree mechanic at best but i have no way other than a plug in obd2 that isn't even mine to log with lol

5. 016banger

016banger New Member

Update, it was the fuelpump. I replaced it in July. And then i replaced it again in Monday lol. What i get for a craigslist buy. Either way i ran a diagnostic and i have a noticeable leakfrom the back of my runner valve seals on both sides. Douglass you hit the nail on the head. Is there a easy way to replace imrc valve seals or do i have to replace the whole thing? Any videos any one knows of that i could use as reference?