Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just a thought, bear with me.

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by TheCheeksMcDuke, Sep 20, 2012.

1. TheCheeksMcDuke

TheCheeksMcDuke That guy

I can tell from the people here that most are hardcore sixxer guys. (V6procharged, DavidcSeifert, ESG-642T if he ever shows up) and From the looks of it, this place is off to a good start.

My thought is, to not let this site go ****, Like so many other V6 forums and V6 sections in forums. They get cluttered with a million "What kind of exhaust?", "should I buy this ebay chip?", "How much hp will I get from a CAI?"

Quite Frankly, I'm fed up with it.

I'm not saying that we have to be as vicious as the guys over on Corner Carvers, but I don't think we should cater that kind of bullshit either. Most of the time, the exhaust questions can be answered in THE EXHAUST THREAD THAT IS THERE FOR THAT REASON.

Newbies need to use the damn search button, and if they can't find what they want, then they need to do it again. When they don't then they should be reminded that they need too. I understand that some people are complete noobs, we all were at one point.

I'm just saying, if this kind of thing goes unregulated, the site will decline.

To supplement my position. :coolface:
    [​IMG]

2. davidcseifert

davidcseifert that V6 guy

nice tits garrett, must have been working on those a while

3. V6procharged

V6procharged Moderator Staff Member

Kyle is on here Garrett. i agree with you to some extent but this is JP's rodeo so we will see what he thinks. im not on here 24/7 but i will try and keep a handle on it if it comes to it. so far, it's pretty much folks that know each other already and have some knowledge.

also, whats your view on pics JP? as long as its covered, people can use it? maybe have another NSFW section that only members can see and they can post w/e they want (as long as it is drool worthy :D)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
  4. RenegadeRukus

RenegadeRukus New Member

sooo.... should I get a flowmaster or magnaflow? what's an h-pipe? are the twinflow mufflers from ebay good? I wanna sound like a v12 supercar with my v6, how do i do that? will this chip from ebay that claims a 100 hp gain help me win against this jerk with a 2006 Ford GT TT supercar?

:coolface:

jkjk, that's why you make stickies and make clear and easy to understand sections... I already saw 2 exhaust threads in a 3.8L subsection for engine, when right below it bolt-ons say "exhaust" specifically... hell, one of them is stickied.

I also think a few posts need to be moved... we have a post in 3.7L engine for LCA's when there is a section(not just a subsection) for S197 suspension.

5. Number Tew

Number Tew Local Jester

I think attacking people to use the search button is wrong. Someone new may not have the best searching skills, and may not even know a thread ever existed on said topic.

But then, when people do search, and bring up an old thread, they get all the flack of "God this thread is so old, wtf is wrong with you noob!"

Which is great if you just want to steer any new members away and have a little elitist club that think they know everything.

The idea behind a forum is to be helpful, no matter how silly a question may seem.

6. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Anytime a new guy posts up on the forum I'm a super moderator at I just say something like, "Hi there and welcome! Nice to see that you are interested in finding out what your exhaust system you should choose. There are many topics to include a sticky that may answer all your questions. On the top right hand corner there is a search feature for this site, type in what you are interested in finding out and many threads will appear. If you have any other questions, please feel free to make a thread but in the mean time I will lock this thread so that it wont get cluttered. Have a good day and welcome. - Ortiz"

7. Number Tew

Number Tew Local Jester

I still find it just as easy to answer their question, though I moderate on other forums too.

8. V6procharged

i dont mind answering their question either, but there is a search button. it doesnt really bother me when old threads are brought back because they usually have good info.

9. Number Tew

Number Tew Local Jester

Doesn't bother you, but you know good and well you have seen pissing and moaning from an old thread being unearthed lol

10. V6procharged

oh yea, some people spaz out over nothing. unless it's like a spam or trolling mf, i dont get mad :)

11. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

Hey guys I appreciate the feedback. To answer the questions here I think a huge down fall to some of the other v6 mustang forums were people flaming new people who came in and asked questions. It makes for a very unwelcoming environment to new people and scares them off. Lets do the best we can to help new people, we were all new to forums and cars at one point too.

Second, under off topic, there is a "Gutter" sub section only seen by members for all your X rated material to be posted. Quite frankly i'm surprised more people haven't posted in it yet. We need some TnA in that section. Please keep the rest of the forums clean and on topic.

With threads being moved that are being posted in wrong sections, this is completely my fault that I need to get better at, I have been extremely busy with work lately and haven't been able to devote as much time as i'd like to the forum in the last week or two. I need to sit down and figure out the moderator situation too. v6procharged and myself have been trying to run the show ourselves, and its difficult with both of our schedules.

Thank you again for everyones input, and doing what you guys can to make this forum successful.

12. V6procharged

i think this is what causes some forums' downfall.

13. Number Tew

Number Tew Local Jester

Experienced mod here....juss sayin.

14. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Moderator that has experience in keeping a dying forum alive for the past 4 years here. I just quit that forum and let it die since there was 0 appreciation there.

15. davidcseifert

davidcseifert that V6 guy

Yeah it is kinda annoying when they "necro-post" lol when I say use the search button it just means look! If they have an actually problem that's not in the archives then they should make their own original thread