K Member Specs

Markstang

Polishing my banhammer
cool, anyone know what the difference between an autocross k-member and a drag racing k-member is though and care to enlighten me?

Jesse01V6

Away from V6's for now........
cool, anyone know what the difference between an autocross k-member and a drag racing k-member is though and care to enlighten me?

Drag K's are usually more about being lighter than anything. Maybe more clearance for headers, etc.

Road Race/Autocross K's are more about strength and changing suspension geometry for better handling.

SlowSix01

TeamZ is good stuff.
Do we have to run the 94-95 k members in our car ? I heard that the v6 uses the same motor mounts as the 5.0 ?

V6procharged

I'd be down for a group buy if I dont have to use tube a arms.

What about the complete upr kit?

would have to research that but i dont think you have to use tubular arms for them. upr and qa1 are poor quality in my opinion, but have seen good and bad about them. granatelli tries to copy designs (mainly MM) and have seen problems with the welds. I hear good about PA Racing but they use small tubing which i dont like. best for actual auto cross thus far would have to be MM and Griggs as far as strength goes, but they move the wheels forward. Dont want that for drag racing. Now team z has the autox k member and racecraft has a nice k member with road race upgrade that i was going to get. Team Z and racecraft are the only k members that i would personally run on the street since i drag race and want less weight up front. My buddy runs an AJE k member but he didnt recommend it to me, i think he had some fitment problems with it. I see that name brought up in K member threads along with Afco. dont know much about them two though.

Because the Team Z don't have the improved geometry. I don't know how much you know about TeamZ but all I hear is that their **** is unbreakable. Like Thor's dick, or something.

this. i think i saw one thing about team z. when the item arrived to the customer something was messed up on it (cant remember what), he contacted dave and he shipped him a new item. his customer service is like no other and he stands behind his product.

btw folks, just got an email back on corral from a vendor/dealer for team z and he told me 430 shipped to a business. not sure how much more it would be to a residence or if we could get them cheaper with a small group buy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Markstang

Polishing my banhammer
TeamZ is good stuff.
Do we have to run the 94-95 k members in our car ? I heard that the v6 uses the same motor mounts as the 5.0 ?

no, you would use the later k-member. The motor mounts are different between the v6 and v8 but that's because they are different engines and need to mount to the same k-member. 94-95 had a different k so 94-95 v6 mounts are different from 96+. The mounts on our v6s are to mount to the modular v8's k-member.

this. i think i saw one thing about team z. when the item arrived to the customer something was messed up on it (cant remember what), he contacted dave and he shipped him a new item. his customer service is like no other and he stands behind his product.

a small-ish business like that needs to have that kind of support.

Jesse01V6

Because the Team Z don't have the improved geometry. I don't know how much you know about TeamZ but all I hear is that their **** is unbreakable. Like Thor's dick, or something.

Why not just run the MM K? Designed to work together.

I have nothing bad to say about Team Z, but MM has a few of their own race cars, not to mention a ton of customer race cars that are constantly beating the hell out of their suspension stuff on the road course. Never heard of strength issues with MM products.

V6procharged

Would it be a group buy for the auto cross k member drag, or both I'd be in for one

generally it would have to be the same thing.

See what you can come up with on a group buy Brandon. You can count me in if the price is right.

will do. i would think i'd need atleast 5 people.

Why not just run the MM K? Designed to work together.

I have nothing bad to say about Team Z, but MM has a few of their own race cars, not to mention a ton of customer race cars that are constantly beating the hell out of their suspension stuff on the road course. Never heard of strength issues with MM products.

to run a MM k member, you end up spending about $1800, that's why.

Jesse01V6

Don't see the major price gap. The $1800 kit from MM is pretty stout, gives you a complete front suspension. Minus the struts.

The Team Z K w/ arms is $800, another $450 for coil-overs w/ struts (Strange), $140 for c/c plates, solid steering shaft for $189. This is the only data I could gather off Team Z's site as for requirements for their K's, there might be more you need. That was just under $1600 right there.

Excluding the steering shaft & struts, the MM kit comes with all of that, plus sway bar bushings & endlinks, aluminum steering rack bushings, and adjustable tie-rod ends.

Its not such a huge price difference. Downfall of the MM kit is the struts are separate from the kit.

V6procharged

we are talking about just the k member, which appears it has to have offset rack bushings and solid steering shaft (didnt know this one), thats it. MM you are required to run everything. those bushing MM comes with adds up to what, maybe 50-75 bucks? way less than a steering shaft and struts. btw, youre on the thread on corral arent you?

install instructions for team z k member. http://www.teamzmotorsports.net/v/Team_Z_Motorsports-K-Member.pdf
so maybe this k member is out of the picture since you have to have solid steering shaft.

edit: doesnt need solid steering shaft if you use the stock rack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much the reason V6Procharged gave is why I can't/won't go with MM. That, and I like to be different. Different can be expensive sometimes, but in this case it seems to be the cheaper option. That, and I want to run Hotchkis CC Plates, and I'm buying all this piece by piece. I'll probably have the K-member about 3-6 months before I even put it on the car.

I'd be in for a group buy, but not until taxes come back. If it's before then, count me out.

Jesse01V6

Are you guys planning to run just the Team Z K with stock control arms? No coil overs? No c/c plates?

I guess I just don't see where you guys are saving the money by going with someone else, in the end, by the time you buy c/c plates, coil-over kit, whatever bump-steer kit, and any steering parts, its going to add up to the cost of the whole MM kit.

Now don't confuse me with trying to push the MM kit, but if you are saying you aren't running MM stuff because of cost, thats insane. You will end up spending the same amount of money when its all said and done.

Cheeks, I get being different, I'm an n/a junkie, and while all you 3.8 guys are throwing turbos at your motors, I'll be perfectly happy running slower times and making less power while being n/a. But Hotchkis plates over MM? lol thats an area that I will not be different, theres a point where there are simply superior parts and thats why people are running them.

Yeah I'm on the Corral sometimes....