Killzone 2

Dennis1417

Anyone else get this game? I got it at midnight last night and played until about 5am. It is SICK. The graphics are insane and the online is fun. You can create your own clan, and schedule matches against other clans at specific times and everything. My friend said you can bet experience points online but I haven't discovered that yet. The only gripe I have is when it comes to online. It's hard to be 'precise' like you have to be in COD or Halo to get a kill. It's still a near flawless game so far. If you have a PS3, definitely buy it. My gamertag is Dennis1417.

Brandon

Better Than Sliced Bread!
I will probably pick it up. I just HATE the stupid ps3 controller... give me a mouse and keyboard and I can own in an FPS the stupid analog things makes it very hard ... and the game has to be dumbed down a bit to make up for it :(

im sure its still tons of fun though

goldstang2k

Made in Canada
yea im having a hard time aiming.. just takes some getting used to i guess.. controls almost seem laggy.. world at war seems alot more snappy in that department

elijah-

kp 4 life
world at war was a disgrace to the call of duty series, as was modern warfare. console games have ruined the fps genre.
as far as killzone goes, is there a PC version or is it stuck on the shitbox consoles that should never ever be used to play FPS'?

idioteque

Pine away for your banner years.
I think I will wait for the bargain bin. I have never been able to fully enjoy shooters on a dualshock.

04Moonstang

I picked it up today for my younger brother. He's not old enough to get it himself, but from playing the demo and hearing about it on here I plan on trying it out tonight.

Dennis1417

world at war was a disgrace to the call of duty series, 1.as was modern warfare. console games have ruined the fps genre.
as far as killzone goes, is there a PC version 2.or is it stuck on the shitbox consoles that should never ever be used to play FPS'?
1. Wow, you have bad taste in games. Modern Warfare was almost perfect. World at War took a slight step back, mostly because everybody is tired of WW2, but it's a good game either way.

2. :rolleyes: Shut the **** up. Don't be mad because you get 5% of the decent games that are out on your obsolete computer.

elijah-

kp 4 life
1. Wow, you have bad taste in games. Modern Warfare was almost perfect. World at War took a slight step back, mostly because everybody is tired of WW2, but it's a good game either way.

2. :rolleyes: Shut the **** up. Don't be mad because you get 5% of the decent games that are out on your obsolete computer.

Wow, you're a pub scrub. I like games that are good for competition. Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 for example. Modern warfare was a fine pub game, but absolutely horrendous for competition.

I'm sorry I don't enjoy playing in pubs with random idiots that suck royal ass.

Pinoy Boy

That Guy...
Anyone else get this game? I got it at midnight last night and played until about 5am. It is SICK. The graphics are insane and the online is fun. You can create your own clan, and schedule matches against other clans at specific times and everything. My friend said you can bet experience points online but I haven't discovered that yet. The only gripe I have is when it comes to online. It's hard to be 'precise' like you have to be in COD or Halo to get a kill. It's still a near flawless game so far. If you have a PS3, definitely buy it. My gamertag is Dennis1417.
I picked it up today, just waiting to try out the multiplayer. Clans can gather XP points (think they're called valor points or something like that) that clans can 'bet' on matches.

I'll send your 360 loving ass a friend invite :lol:
world at war was a disgrace to the call of duty series, as was modern warfare. console games have ruined the fps genre.
as far as killzone goes, is there a PC version or is it stuck on the shitbox consoles that should never ever be used to play FPS'?
No pc version. Dennis said the rest already.
yea im having a hard time aiming.. just takes some getting used to i guess.. controls almost seem laggy.. world at war seems alot more snappy in that department

There is a bit of lag/latency in the controls, but not much. They are NOT linear like CoD or Halo that's for sure, it will take some time to get used to the controls but it's doable.

Justin251

hotpocketssssss
Elijah is just mad because he has to spend more money to upgrade his shitbox computer whenever a new game comes out. haha

Pinoy Boy

That Guy...
Elijah is just mad because he has to spend more money to upgrade his shitbox computer whenever a new game comes out. haha

Well... I don't agree with Dennis on his point#2, but completely with #1.

(and you don't need to upgrade constantly to play PC games, people just get that impression from the uber geek nerd gamers that absolutely must run everything at the highest resolution/fastest framerate/x16MSanti-aliasing/HDR bloom/holds my nuts whiz bang graphics)

Zero

Muff Cabbage

I agree that Modern Warfare was pretty much perfect. Fun game and interesting enough story. WaW...just another WW2 game. Nothing new and exciting. I stopped playing after 4 or 5 missions and uninstalled it.
I'm another one of those people that thinks an FPS should be used with a mouse and keyboard. But man, Killzone 2 is just too awesome. I'm not having too much trouble except when in intense parts where running and gunning is necessary. The game is great, whether you like playing with a controller or not, I suggest picking it up.
If you think about it, using a controller is a little more realistic (aim wise) since you're not insanely accurate like you can be with a mouse.

Justin251

hotpocketssssss
Well... I don't agree with Dennis on his point#2, but completely with #1.

(and you don't need to upgrade constantly to play PC games, people just get that impression from the uber geek nerd gamers that absolutely must run everything at the highest resolution/fastest framerate/x16MSanti-aliasing/HDR bloom/holds my nuts whiz bang graphics)

I know this. BUT how many people did "Crysis" make go out and buy 8800GTs or at least the newest video card available?

Alot. My 6800GT was ****ing awesome in my homebuilt computer. Now. Not so much. And that was just 2006.

Zero

Muff Cabbage
I know this. BUT how many people did "Crysis" make go out and buy 8800GTs or at least the newest video card available?

Alot. My 6800GT was ****ing awesome in my homebuilt computer. Now. Not so much. And that was just 2006.
Video cards are obsolete the second you buy them. In 2006 "awesome" graphics were not what they are now.