Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Kony 2012

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mormonstang, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mormonstang

Mormonstang Oh herrow!

I found the video touching and stuff, but damn their are so many "Im too cool for this" people on facebook.

2. Sick06Stang

Sick06Stang Im that one guy!!!

[​IMG]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

3. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

Meh. I was kony before 2012.

4. Fink

Fink Active Member

^ that is how I feel.

5. GrumpyStang

GrumpyStang Well-Known Member Supporting Member

darn these guys for not being informed before on the subject and now they are.....at least while it's popular and in the national spotlight

6. Mormonstang

Mormonstang Oh herrow!

So what if people didnt care about the situation until now. At least its for something good. Everyone making fun of the whole thing look like try hard pussies to me. Also this might sound gay, but i did care about the whole africa thing before this video. I remember watching Te ars of the Sun when i was younger and i wanted to join the military because of it. Then i realised i wouldnt be fighting for i want, so i didnt. Also a lot people knew about this from Blood Diamond. So **** all the scared ass ***** nay sayers.

7. Sick06Stang

[​IMG]

8. Roscoe

Roscoe Stealin' your man since 1986.

9. kcoon24

kcoon24 Well-Known Member

I read this in the voice of MTV's Daria.

Also it's Africa, the militia and the government in Uganda are mostly the same type of people doing the same stuff. It's been going on for literally decades.

10. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

The LRA has been around since the 80's.

I haven't watched the video, but is news of genocide and everything else going on other there seriously news to people in the states? Jesus Christ people are clueless.

11. BigEZ

BigEZ Between two ferns

Yep they're a sham. Good intentions before, but hell the LRA isn't even occupying uganda anymore plus they signed a peace treaty and 80% of their "recruiting" has gone down since then.

12. JF

JF no more stang :/

Sam Childers had the right approach on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  13. Mad Dash

Mad Dash Gator Bait!

I'll just leave this giant pile of steaming horse **** here.

Brandon Seibold For advisors to go teach their army how to do work? Yeah im pretty sure they do, they state it right in the video. Ohhhh noooo money. **** money dude. Seriously. Lets do something right for once and help, instead of take.
    17 hours ago · Like
    Brandon Seibold Also my dad is the one that showed me this video and he loves this idea. Jack Lipoff is retarded.
    17 hours ago · Like
    Jack Lipoff Hey **** face. I have been involved in COIN ops on three combat deployments. I have had to train and cooperate with foreign military and police forces. I have some understanding about how this **** works, or more accurately how it often doesn't. In Vietnam and Afghanistan it was the same thing: terrible people were killing people in terrible countries, so we deploy military advisors. That didnt work because poor and uneducated militaries couldn't do it alone. Then we deployed infantry units and necessary support for them to fight alongside them, which turns into US forces doing all the fighting with the local forces just tagging along. It turns into a messy and violent waste of lives and resources. We can't afford it and more importantly WE ARE NOT WORLD POLICE. Once you stop one evil despot or terrorist, you have more to deal with in other places. You set a precedent that is unsustainable. It isn't realistic and it isn't our job to fix everyone's problems in the world. Regardless, my point was that most people latching onto this are likely hypocrites anyway because i guarantee you they loudly opposed previous conflicts like this.
    14 hours ago · Like
    Brandon Seibold We basically are the world police, and there is nothing wrong with that. Grow a pair of balls.
    14 hours ago · Like
    Brandon Seibold Also we will always be able to afford it. You guys can cry and whine about how we dont have money, but our government will never go down. We are too high to lose that amount of power. Anyone to think otherwise is a worry freak/*****
    14 hours ago · Like
    Jack Lipoff Haha wow sound argument. If you haven't noticed, it's not just about the money. American lives are lost in these wars, and no matter how much good intent there is they never end well. If you didn't notice, that list in that video is pretty long. We actually WON'T be able to always afford it. We can't afford it right now, and it isn't worth Americans dying continuously for the rest of the world. Have you been deployed in an infantry unit to a third world country where everyone wants to kill you? I'm going to go ahead and assume not by your comments. You go ahead and live your comfy lifestyle while real men die for you to pat yourself on the back, you ****ing *****. Chickenhawks are the worst.
    13 hours ago · Like
    Brandon Seibold Actually yes im a seal
    13 hours ago · Like
    Brandon Seibold Also, i hate to say it, but you chose it. Your job is to kill and to most likely be killed, if you didnt like that idea you shouldnt of signed up. Stop *****in
    13 hours ago · Like
    Brandon Seibold Also i dont look at lives as American or British or African. I look at us all as humans, not as a person of a certain country. Gang members have the same outlook of the world as you. You realize that, dont you? Your education level seems to be the same as well.
    13 hours ago · Like
    Jack Lipoff Yeah, I'm the illiterate one despite you being unable to cite one bit of evidence, historical or otherwise, that supports the idea that this is a worthwhile endeavor. I'm not even arguing that Kony shouldn't be defeated, I'm just not naive. I am no longer in the service, so I have every right to "*****" about Americans being sent to put their lives at risk for a fight that isn't tied to our national security or economy. That's not a gang member outlook, that IS a human outlook. You choose your fights, not picking fights with everyone you don't like. I'm done arguing with you, SEAL team Utah (which SEAL team is stationed there I wonder). In the meantime I suggest you read up on previous counterinsurgency campaigns first world nations have tried to conduct.
    13 hours ago · Like · 1
    Jack Lipoff Sorry for blowing up your wall, Jason.
    13 hours ago · Like
    Brandon Seibold The SLC SEALs braaaa Also I understand choosing your fights, but this one has been way overdue. I knew about this when I was a kid, and I saw the movie Tears of the Sun, sounds dumb but it's true. We don't only fight for national security and economy, we are a moral country. With that, we fight against people that we believe to be in the wrong, to make a better tomorrow. You are dumb as **** dude.
    12 hours ago · Like
    Jack Lipoff Oh you mean the totally unrealistic movie based on a fictional conflict in a totally different country than where the LRA operates? Again, use a real source. Go ahead and enjoy your bandwagon while it lasts, because eventually people will show how little they really care. Believe it or not I do, which is why I don't support us establishing ourselves as the world's enforcer.
    12 hours ago · Like
    Brandon Seibold They said in the video that they aren't in Uganda anymore, why are people having a hard time with this? You are making yourself look dumb dude, and no I have known about this problem for awhile. A few other shows that represented the whole problem was Blood Diamond and God Grew Tired of Us: The Lost Boys of Sudan, I have done further research on this whole thing for school. You're in the army... or used to. Please don't try to act smart.
    12 hours ago · Like
    Jack Lipoff The LRA has not operated in Nigeria. Blood Diamond is about the RUF and the Sierra Leone Civil War that ended ten years ago, again another country that LRA does not operate in. I wasn't in the Army, though you insinuate that somehow means I can't be smart. I'm also a student, a straight A one at that. You're the genius who lied about being a SEAL. You haven't made an argument about how this would be successful, you just try to make it personal. This is definitely my final post because I have better things to do.
    12 hours ago · Like

14. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

15. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

lol wut?

hard to tell, but is mormon trying to pretend like he is a seal?

16. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Well-Known Member

17. Sick06Stang

[​IMG]

18. Mormonstang

Mormonstang Oh herrow!

Haha i was trolling the guy. He kept going and going

19. GrumpyStang

GrumpyStang Well-Known Member Supporting Member

....of course you were