Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

locking threads

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by constantlylosing, Dec 8, 2001.

1. how about the moderators not lock the threads unless people are fighting and getting out of control....just because someone is new and asks and old question...doesnt mean that it needs to be locked or someone thinks its being asked to much...i mean...how many questions are there? theres bound to be more than one post about something........just my site suggestion...

2. extremestang

extremestang Guest

Where is a locked thread from someone asking a question

3. im not pointing fingers or anything...dont get me wrong...ive just seen it ...and it doesnt seem right to me......not that i can do anything about it :)

4. TvoR

TvoR Guest

Nothing for nothing and Im not tryin to be a jerk but extremestangs,you locked a thread after a guy asked about AODE just recently.I can understand some questions get beat to death but a newbie doesnt know that.

5. extremestang

extremestang Guest

Ah, get your facts straight dude, i never locked a thread for someone asking a question. Better look farther into that before you start talking ****. Which thread is it? Watch what you say to people man, you might want to ask the person that did it, but it wasnt me. Have a nice day there finger pointer!

Last modification: Brian Mertes - 07/14/01 at 18:54:42

6. TvoR

TvoR Guest

Like I said I wasnt tryin to be a jerk,but in the misc section some dude asked about AODE.You answered him,then said this has been answered before in other threads and it is locked.I assume you locked it since you are the only one who replied and you are a moderator.If Im wrong then fine Im an asshole but even if you didnt lock it then it still proves that some threads get locked from someone asking a question.

7. extremestang

extremestang Guest

Okay, i will unlock it then, i dont know who did it! Problem solved

8. TvoR

TvoR Guest

Didnt mean to single you out dude.I apologize for that.Tried to get my point across the wrong way.

9. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

Hey,hey,hey now. Bombs away. I mean lets not get carried away. Philly, dont be pointing fingers yet. You dont have any proof to accuse Brian like that. Some of these questions have been asked again and again. We just ask that new people READ though a forum before asking a question. I have seen the same question posted 5 times right next to eachother. Thats why we lock and sometime delete threads. I (and most other moderators) ask the persone who started it before doing it, unless there is a fight goin on. Ok? Lets all be cool. 8)

10. i dont think people should say newbie - it sounds all gay

11. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

LOL. Im so late. ;D

12. TvoR

TvoR Guest

I apologized for the finger pointing.???

13. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

Coolness   ;D

14. cobramadness

cobramadness Guest

Ive seen this happen too... wasnt brian tho.  

15. Just so you know I locked the thread.  It was asked he got his answer.

16. slvrstrk

slvrstrk Guest

As moderators it is our job to make sure that the board is clean and easy to follow...when something gets out of hand or is out of topic it gets moved, locked or deleted.  For the most part...with a few exceptions the moderators are the ones answering all the questions, and it is really tiring when you repeat yourself 6 times everyday for months on end...people want hand tailored answers so they just post the same question in a different form, but it is still the same...i.e. exhaust...4 threads...at least...are started daily on what they should do...at the same time there are 10 active threads on it and over 100 inactive threads all with the same or similar subject titles, questions posted, and answers given.  That is why we do it.

17. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

We need to crack down on that. Unfortunatly some of us (like me) let it slip. But it is a rule. And we should take some more action concerning it.

18. nac02

nac02 Guest

Look, everyone who asks those questions thinks that there problems are unique to them. There isnt any reason to be rude to them. Also, Ill post questions that have already been asked because I dont have the connection speed to sift through all the old posts. also, I think I may be the one who asked about the aode because I cant find it. whatever. look, just be patient with redundant questions.

19. slvrstrk

slvrstrk Guest

We have been more than patient with redundant questions and still answer them, but there are articles on build up guides and exhaust faqs...they are there so newbies can read them.  They are very informative.  As far as being redundant if I am new to a site I will at least look at the thread titles and see oh...What should I do first...well that applies to me I will look at that....and Help I am new and want to know what I should do first...that applies to me too...so i look at that one....and oh...here are 15 post entitled exhaust and I was curious about that so I will read those...and oh someone mentioned an Exhaust FAQ...I will actually read it instead of saying I did and posting a new thread asking the same thing that I just read 1n the 17 threads that I read before posting this new one (which is just redundant and shows ignorance) Nac this is not directed at you.  It is ok to ask questions, that is what we are here for but when there are 16 pages about a particular question it is pretty much assured that my answer will be in there somewhere...if not 25 times.  As far as deleting threads we usually dont do that unless it is way astray as far as topic or if the language is inappropriate.  If you are new and reading this I apologize in advance if this upsets you, but please read some before you go repeating the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over.  See how annoying it is...that is what we the moderators see every day, day in day out for months on end.  So as I said please dont take offense, but rather take heed and read...hehe that rhymed...anyway...you will be suprised what you will find if you have a little patience. so good luck and happy modding.

Greg Leach
    Moderator (probabally hated now...:()

20. Twisted_Tech

Twisted_Tech Guest

Definitly not hated by me.

I agree completely.  I try to answer questions when I can, but when I see the same thing over and over it gets annoying.  Also I think threads should be removed for content.  not just language.