Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for Geo metro or some high MPG car.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by V604mustangjoe, Mar 22, 2005.

1. V604mustangjoe

V604mustangjoe New Member

I want to buy an old cheap geo metro less than a grand, or some other car that gets 40-50 mpg. I then want to remove the A/C pump, put on reduction pulleys, remove everything from the back seat, take all un needed items out (reduce weight), get a lighter battery, and anything else that could increase gas mileage. I want this because i figured that i could cut my fuel costs in half, and with just current gas prices i'd save 75 dollars a month, with projected gas prices this could be wll over 100 a month in savings.

the alternative to this is making my mustang faster while still increasing gas mileage. However i dont think i can make it fast, and still keep the interior, a/c while still getting better gas mileage.

I can get Roller rockers, and under drive pulley, someone on v6 power said that their car gets 30+ mpg highway with these mods.

I currently get about 20 mpg max at 80-90 mph.

2. Casey

Casey New Member

Wow, you're doin somethin wrong then :shock:

Drivin all the way down to Florida going anywhere from 70-85 mph I was getting 28-31 mpg. And I was on the stock SCT program (thought it was on the fuel economy program this whole winter when it was actually on stock ::slaps forhead:: )

I get 20 mpg drivin city for cryin' out loud man.

3. V604mustangjoe

someone please help me figure out why my gas mileage is so horrible. When i bought the car it was stock (brand new) it got 22.5 mpg going 70-80 from detroit to columbus ohio. That was the best gas mileage the car ever got. Now it gets 17-19 mpg combined.

my method of measureing gas mileage is, fill it up, reset odometer, drive, fill up (measure how many gallons went in using the gauge on the pump) divide miles on trip odometer by gallons used.

when the maf sensors dont work properly do they make the check engine light come on?

4. Gunner__v6mf

Gunner__v6mf New Member

Are you leaking gas out little by little? Is your fuel filter clogged? Have you used injector cleaner lately? Do you drive like you stole it?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not this **** again!!!!!!!!

enjoy ****in gas while u still got it...

its not like im going to try to extend my life because im going to die one day!

6. V604mustangjoe

how do i know if my fuel filter is clogged, no, when i drive like an ass hole my car still tends to get the same gas mileage. One day for the hell of it i drove 100+ the whole 35 miles to work, filled it up and actually got 19mpg. Then drove home at 70 and got less than 19mpg. I think the leaky fuel line or something sounds like a possibility since going faster means less gas to leak over a given time frame.

any other ideas to why my car's gas mileage is going crappy?

7. Gunner__v6mf

Gunner__v6mf New Member

Well said.
    Joe I don't know how many threads you are going to start for bitching about your stupid gas mileage and all that. We DON'T CARE. Go buy your Geo Metro and STFU. I think by now we all know you get 19mpg...we can't diagnose why because we don't drive with you. Maybe if you spent more time figuring out what the problem is rather than complaining about it over the internet we wouldn't have to read all this ****. So go crawl under your car and get to work.

8. Spitfire_17

Spitfire_17 New Member

hahah wow :shock: ....very straight and to the point...heh...i think my car gets good MPG compared to anyother car... :roll:

9. V604mustangjoe

well just retested my gas mileage, this time i didnt pass 2k rpms except a few times to pass people on the freeway, after 75 miles of driving i averaged 25 mpg, however 40 of those miles were before my extremly slow driving conditions. I am guessing i am averageing 25-30 mpg this way. :D yay no need for a box with a weed wacker engine

10. Gunner__v6mf

Gunner__v6mf New Member

Jesus Christ...how many times did we tell you not to drive like an asshole??? Thank you for proving us all right...again.