Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Looking for Pics: B&M Hammer Shifter (4R70W)

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by MadStang, Mar 12, 2008.

1. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

I'm looking for some pictures of the B&M Hammer Shifter for the 4R70W. Preferably a 94-98. I took a look at want2twinturbo's B&M Hammer How to, but there's really not a clean installation picture to look at up close. I'm contemplating whether I should build the auto or swap my friends T-5 in (which will cost more money than building the auto).

Much Appreciated :thumbup:

Almost forgot, what's the feel of the shifter like when you ratchet through the gears? When you shift do you have to pull the trigger to upshift as well as downshift?

2. Tiffany97

Tiffany97 Well-Known Member

3. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

thanks, gives me a relatively good idea, the guy shifts it funny/doesn't give a great explanation but I get the idea :lol:

4. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

5. want2twinturbo

want2twinturbo FUCK winter

when you shift it all you have to do is push it foward,or back depending on the gear your in. the only time you have to lift the tirgger, is when you go from park down to reverse, and then if you go back into reverse from neutral. Either way if i was you i would go for the T-5 Swap instead of doing the ratchet. The only reason why I did the ratchet shifter was because I still have to pay the car off and that will take another 3 years. And i couldn't stand the crappy looking stock shifter. Then im doing a t-5/t-56 swap. I hate that this car is an automatic.

I attempted to make a vid tonight, but it didn't turn out too good, so tomorrow ill make one just to show how the thing works.with carefully explained instructions. :thumbup:

6. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

thing is though, eventually I'm going to do a T-56 swap as well, but, that's a long way down the road. I'm thinking of going with something that's not as expensive as doing a t-5 swap and will get me results that I want (easier shifting and nicer look).

Sounds good man, I appreciate it very much :thumbup:

7. shelby gt500

shelby gt500 New Member

one question about the hammer shifter, the car i am looking to purchase has one, can i change the fugly ass knob on it ?

8. want2twinturbo

ok so i didnt put my current knob on there. Ill get a vid tomorrow. i just put a normal B&M T-handle on it, looks ten times better IMO. I belive that the top is standard 3/8 thread, or w/e on the top so most Manual shifter knobs will fit it.

9. shelby gt500

shelby gt500 New Member

like can i use one of the T-handles i have lying around here ?

10. want2twinturbo

I beleive so :thumbup: ill show that in the vid also.

11. shelby gt500

shelby gt500 New Member

Cool i have like 5 shift knobs from my old car here. So i can bring the soul of the old one into the new one lol

12. Aereon

Aereon WaiStang

I just got my car back from my auto -> t56 swap and I must say to def save or wait for a good deal like I got.

The hammer shifter looks alright but for some reason it just seems a bit riceresque making an auto look similar to a manual. Seems like the tools that shift it into neutral to get that small roll back effect.

13. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

My shifter assembly is falling apart as it is though, so either way I'd have to replace the shifter. The lights don't light up any more in the gear select area, the billet shifter from UPR doesn't like to go into gear when the car first start's up, etc.

Either way, when I do the swap, I'm keeping this transmission in the garage for my next DD (I'm planning on turning my sixxer into a road racing car, thus the reason why I want to do the swap in the first place). I really don't care much on the street whether it's auto or manual, I'm never ask an incredible amount out of my cars on the street anyways.

14. amrcnidyot

amrcnidyot Active Member

that makes no since. it still has the gear indicators, it still has a lever/button you must push to get out of park. it looks very much like an auto. that and whats rice about replacing your stock shifter with a performance shifter? it may not do a whole lof of good on a stock car but with a stall and shift kit i bet it would be nice.

15. slow_v6_stang

slow_v6_stang Two Eaton blown Fords

well said, it has a bright red LED indicator bulb...looks just like a manual :uhh: ****in posers

16. RustyRodder

RustyRodder Dumbass. That's you.

17. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

18. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

any updates for me? :)

19. want2twinturbo

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DW_s5j4f2ds&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DW_s5j4f2ds&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/skyline746/?action=view&current=MVI_0523.flv

Teh innernetz pwns me:mad:

20. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

embed didn't work but I'll just copy and past the stuff :)