Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lost oil pressure then came backI can’t find anything on the Internet

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Brianwatts, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Brianwatts

Brianwatts New Member

I have an 04 3.8L 40th anniversary convertible. Was driving on the freeway today with the top down and the radio loud and suddenly something didn’t feel right. Looked at gage and saw I had no oil pressure. Immediately got off freeway and into parking lot. Had bad ticking sound coming from motor. I started and stopped the motor several times while trying to see what was going on and still no oil pressure and bad ticking. I thought the motor was gone. Had the car towed to my brothers house where we started it to listen to see if it was a total loss and suddenly I have full oil pressure and no ticking sound. It runs perfect again. I’m afraid to drive it now. I’m super lucky I didn’t blow the motor. No telling how long I drove without oil. Checked the oil and it’s fine. Just recently changed. I can’t find anything on the Internet where this happened to someone else. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Pull the cam position sensor to see what condition the oil pump gear is in. You can also verify oil is moving through the engine by looking through the oil fill cap, oil will be coming from the top of the rocker arms.