Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

M112 Adapter plates

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by dbovine, Aug 4, 2012.

1. dbovine

dbovine Active Member

How many out there are still interested in doing this M112 or roots style boosting to their cars? I got in touch with the guy from Cobra Engineering.net to see if he would be interesting in making an adapter and if he could do it at a lower cost than the $900 they are now. He figured he could just from an initial look but he would need to make more than a couple for it to be worth his time.

As for the design, I dont know what it will look like. If there is enough interest then he would look into picking up a motor to start mocking up and designing his plate.

His current business is that he developed a plate that will allow terminator cobras (or 32v motors with an eaton swap) to run the M122 from the GT500 cars on their cars, making a cheaper upgrade than some of the existing kits out there with good numbers. He is based out of Michigan.

So how many would be interested in something like this??

oh and checkout his site cobraengineering.net

2. maneatinggoldfs

maneatinggoldfs New Member

Id be interested if the price was reasonable and realistic (unlike the ssms ones, IMO). :p

3. stangin_insane

stangin_insane Member

I maybe interested in a adapter plate depending on the price and quality? I have a M112, plenum, 39lb injectors currently and can't decide if I should just continue to collect the parts for the swap or just go with the windstar upper swap (which I have the intake for it so far too) and spray instead...

4. stangracer44t

stangracer44t Active Member

id be interested for the right price. Also the key to me being interested is to if it could be made as slim as possible to be able to fit it under a stock terminator hood

5. Boss002

Boss002 New Member

I think it would be cool , this little 3.8 needs some tq

6. dbovine

dbovine Active Member

OK I will keep people posted. Try to drum up other interest if you can.

7. LilRoush

LilRoush Rare Roush Collector

I love coming back to this site and STILL seeing people trying to do it cheaper and better than the original.
    Never gonna happen people. There is no demand. If there was, there wouldn't be so many used versions floating around. Tons of "I will if you do", lots of PMs talking... but nobody is willing to pay. And it's never as cheap as it seems.

Oskr likes this.
  8. slonison

slonison Active Member

No doubt. I was one of the guys who tried to put together windstar kits for cheaper. Realized rather quickly, that for a quality kit the price VAP was selling them for was not just fair priced but a steal.

9. 2000cobrar rep

2000cobrar rep New Member

ill be completely parting my m112 kit out here in about a month or 2, so my plate will be 4 sale

10. slonison

slonison Active Member

Hey bud, I will be in the market for the complete kit besides the adapter. Keep my name in mind.

11. LilRoush

There are at least 3 for sale right now that I know of in the US... why wait??

12. slonison

slonison Active Member

Well I'm getting married next month. But trust me Roush, I've been following you and mysteed extremely closely. Contrary to a lot of people who throw these things together, I've already starting putting together myself all the research I need.

I actually have a mysteed plate sitting on my desk right now.

Just another M112 Thread

13. dbovine

dbovine Active Member

Sorry for my long absence Ive just been extremely busy, but with the cold and snow coming I hope to have some more time to work the Cobra Engineering to see how he feels about the plate still.

I do agree with LilRoush's comments above about all the attempts and people realizing its not that easy, and I dont pretend it is, if I thought it was I would attempt it myself. I just kind of through it out there since he(cobra engineering) was making a similar product for the cobras, and he works with VMP, a well known tuner here, that with it harder to find these (although there are some plates out there right now) and SuperSix being a little pricey(yes I know, limited market) that if another vendor could produce these plates at a lower cost, that some of the demand may increase, at least initially.

I also made reference to you LilRoush because it was your design that started all of this and made mention in my emails that he should consult you before he gets his hands dirty so you two could talk shop and make sure he wasnt stepping on any toes, or just repackaging your plate basically. Im sure that contact hasnt been made as of yet, but when I last left off with him. His Machine was broken and he and his partner were taking it apart to repair it so that he could meet his orders for his existing plates. I will follow up with him in the coming week.

As for the people that want one now, by all means get the ones that are available now. Waiting for these proposed plates could be months, all winter if at all(if it becomes more work for him than he has time then he could just say no) I will try to keep everyone up to date on the status of this and I hope it works out. With MySteed kits not really being produced, it would be nice to have an alterative to mount the m112s.

again I was not trying to overstep or upset LilRoush. He has been a great help to me especially with all my roush questions and obviously a great innovator in our v6 community. My apologies if I have done either of the above

14. LilRoush

No, not at all. It's just something that won't be there. When I looked at having a well known machine shop mass produce to save cost, it was still spendy. You just can't offset the cost with the sales. I bet I made one for every 75 people that asked me about them or said they wanted one. I didn't put any profit in my pocket at all... in fact it probably cost me money out of pocket if I went back and added it all up. I think I made 24 or so and gave up.

15. Oskr

Oskr New Member

Hey I need some help here. i got a question about the m112 onto the adapter. I have a problem either with the adapter or the m112 supercharger because the m112 won't sit on the adapter. Do I have to do any modification to the supercharger to sit right on the adapter? Like cut anything. I have the SSM-Old Design plate.

16. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Yes. The lip on the blower discharge must be milled or cut off. Make sure no metal goes into the rotor pack.

17. Oskr

Oskr New Member

Do you have any pictures of where to cut because my machine shop are worried that oil might pass thru there. But if no oil passes thru then I should be OK

18. dbovine

dbovine Active Member

I dont think you are looking at the same spot if the machine shop is worried about oil.

If you flip the blower over, there should be an inner lip that hangs down, you want to trim that off