Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

m112 build questions

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 20003.8stang, Jan 11, 2018.

1. 20003.8stang

20003.8stang Member

So I got my short block back from the engine shop and I just had some questions on some of the components of the m112 build.

First, off can I just use the 39 pound cobra injectors part number 2R3V-B5A (bosch ev6 i believe).

Second, I read that the 5.0 lifters were the same as the 3.8s so I was looking at Ford Racing OEM lifters ( M-6500-R302 ) will these work and are they any good or should I do another brand or Motorcraft? it says they are a 1/16" taller than factory but are supposed to be OEM but i guess the height of the lifter its self might not matter.

Next, will the SVT Fuel pump ( PFS204) be enough for the set up if I end up running 10 PSI also do I need just the pump its self or the whole assembly?

I was looking at replacing my oil pump should I do motorcraft or would Melling ( M246) be good? On rock auto the Melling and Sealed power say "standard volume and pressure, works as high volume on this application" I am not sure what that means so should I run that pump or not?

2. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Yes, you can use the 39s. The advantage also is that there are good value files for these injectors in the SCT Advantage software.

I have used the Comp high RPM roller lifters for our motors. Highly recommend them.

Think you will need the whole fuel pump assembly. The pump will probably be adequate for just 10 psi. Will say that the returnless fuel system will work, but the Ford value files for managing the fuel pump driver module are lousy and the FP voltage table will have to be modified due to the higher flowing fuel pump. The problem with the roots type blowers is heat from compression of the intake air. Plus, there just isn't any room to use an air to air intercooler. So, think you should look into using a water/meth injection system which will lower combustion temps so you have less chance of melting pistons. The forged pistons are rated for higher temps than the hyperuretic ones. Remember, heat causes detonation and pre-ignition, both of which will destroy a motor in less than one second. Snow makes a good water/meth system that I use. Snow Performance | The Water-Methanol Injection Experts

As to the oil pump, the stock Melling pump for the 2000 3.8L motor already is a high flowing pump. I currently use this same pump on my TT 4.2L motor which is more than adequate. Suggest you install a new one oil pump plus a new water pump.

3. 20003.8stang

20003.8stang Member

Where did you find the lifters are they specifically for the 3.8 or are they for 5.0s?

So do you think that pump will be adequate or should I look into something else? So would the be tuner just mess with the FP voltage table?

Im planning on doing water injection.

I know I need to change my throttle cable to a 01-04 but is it for the v6 or the Cobra?

4. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Should have part numbers in the attic. Will look over the weekend.

It kinda depends on the pump. You will not know for sure until on the dyno at WOT and max RPMs in 3rd gear. The pump must put out enough to keep the A/F ratio constant at 11.2:1 A/F ratio all the way to 6000 RPMs in 3rd gear. If the fuel pressure will not stay there and begins to rise, the pump will be determined to be inadequate. You will be close and may need a Keene Bell Boost A Pump. But that decision is quite a ways off. As for the value files for your pump, can give you those and an initial estimate of changes to the voltage table. Only data logging multiple times will provide the best voltage numbers which would be ideal for your setup. The voltage table is a spreadsheet table with fuel pressures on the left side and RPMs across the top. And, ideally, the desired pressure across injectors (think fuel rail pressure) should be 40 plus or minus 2 all the time until going WOT in which case the pressures should jump up to 50+. Ford's crappy value files delivers 40 plus or minus 12 or worse.