Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

M122 Supercharger Install Complete

Discussion in 'Personal Projects and Builds' started by bmckelvey, Mar 15, 2014.

1. bmckelvey

bmckelvey FordV6Guy

The inside of the mold pattern is made with a cardboard tube and then built out with cardboard until I got the shape I wanted. In the past I have even used drywall plaster if I needed a difficult shape I just molded it with the plaster around the base mold. Plaster really works good because it just washes out after you are done.

2. bmckelvey

bmckelvey FordV6Guy

I need to change the title of this thread to ... "M122 Supercharger Install Complete

I finished the intake tube from the T/B to the MAF. I have to go and get 2 hose clamps, but the rubber sleeve is snug so I started and ran for about 15 minutes. 20" of Vacuum, smooth idle, no air leaks, no 'Check Engine Light' ... "you gotta like it when a plan comes together!"
    The "Sick Speed" decal was in a box with some decals that I bought .... Why not? This baby turned 147 MPH at 6300 RPM (4th Gear)on the last dyno run!
    I am hoping to get to the dyno in Birmingham next week .... We will see if moving to the M122 was a good choice.

IntakeTube1.jpg IntakeTube2.jpg

Markstang and Phil II like this.
  3. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

awesome, are you making intake tubes for your other TBs that you're trying too?

4. bmckelvey

bmckelvey FordV6Guy

Got the hose clamps for the intake tube and motor idles great. Went for a long 1/2 hour ride down the highway. Pushed the motor to 15 pounds of boost, seems like the max that I will get with this pulley setup. I am getting a lean codes P0171 & P0174, both banks after a couple of boost runs, so need to get it on the dyno ASAP. However, runs strong and definitely pulls harder than with the M112.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  5. bmckelvey

bmckelvey FordV6Guy

Got my new custom tuner file (M122-GT500MAF.cef) and loaded it. Cleared the codes and took another long drive. Runs super, lots of boost sprints, stop & go, Hwy cruise. Everything seems good and no more codes!! We are scheduling an hour or 2 on the dyno for next weekend. I might put on my 3" pulley on the M122, the 2.75" is putting out at least 15 pounds of boost and that might be just a little too much for reliability in a bone stock engine with 140K :crazy:

6. bmckelvey

bmckelvey FordV6Guy

Back from the dyno, made 5 passes on the dyno. We had to adjust the idle mixture and low speed transition because the GT500 MAF intake area is so large that it was quite sensitive to MAF adjustment with the low volume of air required by the 4.0 at idle. The good news ... produced 358.6 RWTQ at about 3750 RPM. The HP peaked at 296.5 RWHP at about 4750 RPM and then we reached the max for the fuel pump and it started to go lean. I knew that was going to happen because I did not get time to rewire the pump with #10 wire from the fuse panel (stock wiring is only like 16 or 18 gauge) ... thought I might get by for this morning, but ... Have to go back next weekend. I am going to increase the pulley 1/4" to bring the boost down a bit, I hit 16.2 pounds of boost and I want to keep it at a max of 14 pounds. The tune made a huge difference in performance and drivability, that GT500 MAF is huge and although it fixed my issue of maxing out the stock GT MAF, it required a lot of tuning to get the fuel trim right. That old saying ... "torque is king on the street" ... is true. From 2000-4000 RPM the Mustang accelerates unbelievably strong. The 100 mile drive back from Birmingham was another thrill ride and you can feel the extra torque from the M122 blower. So, this week I will rewire the fuel pump, put on a slightly larger pulley (1/4") and schedule another dyno run. I probably don't really need it as the fuel trims have all been adjusted and should be OK once I get the heavier wiring to the pump, but it is always great to see the real numbers. My buddy says minimum 325 RWHP when I get the pump wiring fixed.

Markstang and Phil II like this.
  7. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Which throttle body are you using?

8. bmckelvey

bmckelvey FordV6Guy

SR Performance 70 mm ....

9. preston112

preston112 New Member

Where did you get that mounting plate to mount that supercharger

10. Jps-S197

Jps-S197 New Member

Do you build and sell these mounting plates Im looking at supercharging my 2009 4.0