Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mac ceramic shorties

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Bigshow14, May 21, 2014.

1. Bigshow14

Bigshow14 Member

I just received these today. I will install them and post a review of the install and fitment. Here's a few pics.

Attached Files:

2. Bigshow14

Bigshow14 Member

Heres an update on the headers, the install is very easy. They fit and look great with a good lil hp bump. The exhaust sounds better but is quieter, my exhaust is completely stock. These headers are a great addition to my car. Heres a few more pics.

Attached Files:

3. PandaSmuggler

PandaSmuggler Member

Nice! How do they sound? I heard a video on Youtube and I didn't care for them too much, but the owner had Pypes Bombs installed so that could have been the reason for the rasp. I'm considering these or BBK shorties.

4. ageless1

ageless1 Active Member

Looks great! Keep us posted.

5. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

Very nice, did you choose shorties due to emissions or for a different reason?

6. BadCompany

BadCompany New Member

I've been trying to figure out which ones are better - long tube or shorties. Why did you go with shorties?

7. Bigshow14

Bigshow14 Member

[QUOTE="BadCompany, post: 4821765, member: 37365"e been trying to figure out which ones are better - long tube or shorties. Why did you go with shorties?[/QUOTE]
    Be honest I didnt have enough coin saved up, so when American muscle put the mac shorties on sale I got impatient and pulled the trigger. you won't be disappointed with the shorties but if you have more patience than me go with the long tubes for max bolt on performance. The shorties performed well but I know there is more with the long tubes. I recently sold the macs and when all of my $$$ is available, I will buy the mac ceramic long tubes. Mainly due to the good luck lve had with mac and the mac lts are 1 5/8 tubes. not totally sold on the prochamber though.

8. PandaSmuggler

PandaSmuggler Member

I can't speak for the OP but I would go with shorties over long tubes. The main reason is I believe that the 3.7 is lacking in low-end torque. Without doing any major mods to allow more air in (ie. supercharger/turbocharger/etc) you'll actually lose more low-end torque in exchange for peak gains by going with long tubes. With shorties you gain more at the low-end which won't show on most dynos as they usually post peak gains therefore people instantly think shorties are "worthless".

I aim to improve overall driveability of my 3.7. My goal (with any engine really) is to flatten (and bump up) the torque curve. The 3.7 already has a nice, progressive power curve so I'm good there.

I'm not going to claim that I'm an expert, but this is the conclusion that I've come to just by general observations.