So who has these games and on what system? I prefer NCAA at this point but haven't played enough Madden yet...
Patch #2 for Madden is coming out soon, here's what it fixes:
1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with
two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning
or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. "ActionCam"
forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late
kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing
the "disconnect". This has been fixed...all cameras can still be used
Workaround until the patch: If possible, ensure that you and your
opponent have the same camera type chosen before starting an online
2. Stability issues in the play call / halftime highlights /
postgame highlights screens (especially in Franchise mode after
training games): This was a hard one to track down as not everyone
was seeing it , we did find the issue however with some Instant
Replay / cache corruption, and have a fix ready for patch 2.
Workaround until the patch: Save and re-boot after any point where
you have entered the game. We learned that the likelihood of this
issue appearing is magnified after multiple loads into and out of
the game engine. From what we've seen so far, people that have
tried playing only one game at a time (or even one Franchise
training session at a time), and saving/rebooting afterwards, have
had zero crashes.
3. Stability issues with Madden IQ end of game popup: This
has been fixed.
Workaround until the patch: Always choose "No" at the Madden IQ end
of game popup.
4. "WR direct snap" exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to
direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we
fixing this play (i.e. we aren't removing it), we are also going to
be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has
been found to be using this play.
5. Franchise Progression / Regression (or lack thereof): The
lack of higher numbers was a tuning value that I think everyone
agreed was just too low. This has been juiced up so you should see
more realistic progression now.
6. Edited players don't progress: Players were not
progressing after their jersey number (or pretty much any other
attribute). This has been fixed.
7. Stability issue when exiting Madden '93 in CE version:
This has been fixed.
8. Deep ball glitch: Some enterprising gamers found a way to
throw a deep ball while crossing the LOS and hit a receiver wide
open at a decent rate. We addressed this by making sure the DB will
no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while
9. CPU running out of bounds: This bug appears when the CPU
tries to switch hands while running to the sidelines. This is fixed
for patch 2.
10. Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the
hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders.
We increased these substantially for patch 2.
11. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of
field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also
getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we
increased this effect for the patch.
12. Stability issue with the Eagles and a full ring meter: We
found and fixed a rare issue where the gamer could run into
stability issues while using the Eagles in mini-game with a ring
meter that was completely full.
13. Play call screen hitch: We found and fixed a bug that was
causing a noticeable hitch when exiting the play call screen
14. Prevent Defense issue: We found and fixed an issue where
defenders sharing a deep zone/prevent assignment would loosen their
coverage (because they thought the other guy was covering for
them), which allowed the receiver to get behind them even though
they were in Prevent.
15. Brett Favre stats: With the late addition of Brett Favre, we
were not able to get his Career and Season statistics into the game
for the roster update. This has now been added for patch 2.
16. Defensive Preplay Mis-cue: We found and fixed an issue where
defenders would leave their man wide open in a Cover 3.
17. CPU quick-snap: A very common complaint on the forums was the
speed at which the CPU snapped the ball. We added a random length
of time (no less than 5 seconds) for the CPU to wait and even make
18. Online playbook switch: We found and fixed an issue where
playbooks were re-setting to the defaults after the playbook select
popup was closed.