meth on m112

02edge

so I ended up buying a snow stage 2 kit with everything for 250 but I keep reading such mixed reviews where should I be spraying in the plenum in the intake tube before tb or in the adapter plate and should I pull the blower and strip the teflon

xtreme 2

I would strip the teflon. It's not a must, but I'd hate to see that stuff flake off. Doesn't always but it can.

Most people put it in the elbow before the TB.

02edge

yeah i took it off earlier today was a pain in the ass took like an hour but changed the oil to and touched up the paint but put the nozzle in the rubber elbow?

Norrisrn

So are you worried that the Methanol will strip the Teflon? Is that the reasoning behind taking it off??

xtreme 2

yes. When using nitrous or methanol, the chemical process can eat away at the teflon, causing it to flake. This can potential get sucked into the motor and cause harm.

Norrisrn

gotcha. Ya I figured that's the only spot for the flaking to go lol. Just didn't know that Nitrous or Methanol would strip it from the blower. So what are you using to strip it off with?? a chemical or just literally scraping it off??

02edge

brake cleaner and a wire brush trying to figure out the best place to mount the pump and reservoir now though

02edge

instructions on snow say to mount it under the hood but cant I just put the pump and reservoir in the trunk?

xtreme 2

yup. Make a box, put the pump in the box, put the tank on top, then run lines through the floor and into the engine bay.

02edge

Hard to find room unless I run a tiny reservoir put it back together with a 160 t stat and autolite 103s but I hear a vac leak can't find it yet but at idle it still pulls 17 just doesn't get into.boost as fast and I can only get 6 lbs instead of 7 ill have to figure it out tomorrow when.I wire up the pump and controller

JTsStang

Boosted V6
Hard to find room unless I run a tiny reservoir put it back together with a 160 t stat and autolite 103s but I hear a vac leak can't find it yet but at idle it still pulls 17 just doesn't get into.boost as fast and I can only get 6 lbs instead of 7 ill have to figure it out tomorrow when.I wire up the pump and controller

Put it in the fender directlly under the washer fluid resivior.

02edge

i already have my wideband and boost turning on with my radio so I tapped into the power window fuse replaced my 160 tstat with a 180n bc it was just staying too cold turns out the reason I got the meth kit so cheap was the controller is shot so im trying to figure out if its something I can rebuild on my own or ill have to buy a new one also snows nylon tubing fits like crap into there stupid quick release connectors ill be upgrading the lines shortly also

xtreme 2

how much did you pay for it? never been a fan of Snow it looks cheap. AEM is the best deal. Or Mr. Freeze