Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Misfire #1 cylinder

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Just Dan, May 6, 2017.

1. Just Dan

Just Dan New Member

I have a 2013 3.7 79542 miles on it with misfire problems. About three weeks ago, I got a misfire on my #4 cylinder. the check engine light came on and started flashing. I know the flashing mean raw fuel in a cylinder, so I went for the coil first off. I move the coil from #4 to #1 just to test the water. Sure enough I problem moved from #4 to #1, so I bought a new coil for #1, and no further problem with #4, but the misfire was still there at #1. I then checked to see if the spark plug had broken, or was damaged. I removed it, inspected the spark plug, checked the gap, and placed it back in car. The misfire was still there. I then bought a new plug, set the gap, and installed it just in case it was damaged, and could not see it... Still misfiring. I then moved the moved the coil one more time from cylinder #1 to #3, but #1 was still misfiring and #3 was fine. I then check the voltage on the connector going to the coil on #1. 13.7 on side of the wire, and the other side was switching back and forth I believed it was ground or a signal. I then started the car with the coil unplug. I plug the coil up while the car was running, and there was a difference in the idle, but still misfiring on #1. So next I just to be sure I placed a new intake manifold gasket on because in order to get to #4 I had to take the upper intake manifold off and maybe #1 was taking on air or something, but no it was still misfiring. So next I changed the injector with a new stock one from ford,,, still MISFIRE. I then cleaned the MAF sensor,,, MISFIRE. I pressure tested #1, and #2 both had 126 lbs + of pressure but still,,, MISFIRE. I sprayed the entire engine with started fluid while it was at I idle looking for some type of vacuum leak, but no leak, and LOL,,, MISFIRE! Now this is only at number one, and under pressure. As long as I ease into the throttle its fine, but if I get down on it in any gear, ( it's a manual ) it was sputter and back fire until I come off it. If I stay on it to long the check engine light will start to flash. Can someone please help me. LOL.