Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Moderation of "tech" sections

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Raymond, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Raymond

Raymond `

This is just my opinion, and I'm not going to insult any specific moderators or talk bad about anyone, this is just a suggestion, hence why I'm posting it in the "site suggestions" section.

When someone posts a thread in the section asking about whether or not they can install lowering springs without upgrading other parts of the suspension, there is no reason to sit there and tell them "YOU MUST UPGRADE DAMPERS WITH AFTERMARKET SPRINGS."

That's your opinion, just like I have my opinion, which happens to be the same opinion that numerous other members on this site hold.

For years, people have installed aftermarket lowering springs with no problems, obviously no crazy 2+" drop, but a moderate drop from a Pro-kit with the factory isolators is by no means going to ruin the suspension performance, geometry, or what ever "technical" rules the moderator of that forum seems to dictate so strongly.

People ask for opinions on what set-ups to do, what products to buy, and we (the members) give these opinions, and then the one member who was recently given moderator powers comes in and starts bickering about how wrong we all are, and that "opinions dont belong in tech sections," etc etc

2. domin8

domin8 Lazy Unicorn

raymond shut the hell up, all you do is cry since you got back from being banned last time. seriously i havent seen many posts where you arent stirring up trouble or trying to invoke drama....just cut it out its annoying.

3. Raymond

Raymond `

If you don't like my posts, then put me on your ignore list.

I'd like this thread to stay on topic.

4. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

alright, meow. Raymond, who cares? It's the innanetz, just let greensteeda do his thing because their really is no use arguing with him over petty stuff like this, he's got the power to ban or give you a vacation if he wants to, I wouldn't tamper with that.

5. Raymond

Raymond `

He already used his power once to ban me for a week for another reason, pointing out another one of his flaws.

But the moderators are always right!

6. domin8

domin8 Lazy Unicorn

:disgust: you used that completely wrong....:thumbdown:

7. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

not necessarily, but arguing with them over it, isn't going to get you any where. If you've got a problem with one of the moderators take it to the people that run the site, don't just post a thread about why its so horrible what he's doing.

Greensteeda is a respectable moderator and I see where both of you are coming from, although greensteeda could've been a lot easier about it, he could've posted the direct specs for why its not a good idea to run just springs...

i edited it, if you edit yours, it never happened :thumbup:

oh and I know I used it wrong, you use it on the "Looking for this type of mustang" threads.

8. domin8

domin8 Lazy Unicorn

:)

9. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

haha nice :lol:

I'll leave that picture to you, it's your trademark :lol:

10. Raymond

Raymond `

PMing people gets nothing done, the problem needs to be addressed publicly.

11. domin8

domin8 Lazy Unicorn

because youre a drama queen?

12. Raymond

Raymond `

No, because sometimes even moderators are wrong, and instead of admitting that and going on with life, they take it out on people by issuing bans, deleting posts, and continuing to post the same misinformation.

13. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

good luck raymond, because I think everyone's going to be standing behind Greensteeda's back on this one.

14. Raymond

Raymond `

I know, nothing is ever going to change. But I still have the right to voice my opinion on this forum just like everyone else does, and I'm not breaking any rules by doing so.... so life goes on. :thumbup:

15. domin8

domin8 Lazy Unicorn

[​IMG]

/thread plz. thxbye

16. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

And don't you forget it! :rage: :p

As for the subject at hand, I see it as more of a personal preference to safety/performance:cost myself. It's kind like using a hubcentric or non-hubcentric wheel spacers. Both may work fine, but there is a risk with the latter. You may never experience said trouble over your entire ownership, but the increased chance is there. While they both work, it is important to understand both and what pros/cons each bring to the table.

No one should be getting any vacation for voicing a differing opinion (unless it breaks site rules), but you cannot egg on a conflict either. Likewise, some of you could use some restraint to better exemplify your opinion without degrading the conversation into a conglomeration of insults and antagonistic comments.

17. Raymond

Raymond `

I agree with everything you said, completely. I just felt that the way this moderator was going on about his posts was unappropriate, and when I pointed that out, the whole argument started. I'm not saying I could have been a bit more nice/understanding in my posts though.

18. SuperSaiyan21

SuperSaiyan21 Better than YOU

Raymond isn't trying to win a popularity contest here...

19. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

never said he was. but when someone gets back up from other people there's an advantage. Thus the "there's strength in numbers" type of thing.

20. Raymond

Raymond `

God knows I'm not a popular member here these days. Only thing I post that people seem to appreciate are pictures, and even then I was bitched at for posting "too many" so I made one thread for them all to help the poor souls. :lol::thumbdown: