Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Moderation of "tech" sections

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Raymond, Mar 4, 2008.

1. SuperSaiyan21

SuperSaiyan21 Better than YOU

I fail to see what he did wrong in this particular situation...

2. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

im not saying he did anything wrong, but like Raymond said he's not the "popular" member on 3.8. More people will stick with greensteeda because he's reputable for tech and above all, he's a moderator.

3. SuperSaiyan21

SuperSaiyan21 Better than YOU

So being a mod means regular members and their opinions don't matter :confused:

4. 97mustang3.8l

97mustang3.8l $500 DX Killa

Im going to take raymonds side here.

5. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

Non-PC translation:
    Some people are kiss asses and others are afraid of the backlash from attacking a staffer, thus they side. This type of behavior is frequently used when a bandwagon attack has not yet rallied enough supporters. In either case, the lesser the popularity of the target, the harsher the attack and the faster it grows.

6. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

thank you Kuplex :thumbup:

Reason why I like Greensteeda: He's in to road racing (i.e. the American Iron Series)

7. TaylorGT

TaylorGT What the deuce?

Same. I feel the same.

I feel if you are a mod you represent the site much more than the regular members. Infractions are handed out for members who give an improper opinion to some modifications but to a moderator nothing is said. They too must follow the rules. A lot of the time I see a bit of a fetish with their own power.

It also seems that if someone asks for information that a moderator thinks is wrong they can cut down the person or force their opinions on them. I think anyone should be respected with any ideas about what to do with their stang no matter how wrong we think it is. Yes, a moderator should tell the person potential problems or why it isn't the best option but shouldn't refuse to help them with their questions.

I think the administration of the site should take care of their mods and keep tight ship. It would really clean up this site and stop the loss of members. If moderators still want to be their opinionated selves and poke fun at people then they should give up their mod abilites and go back to being a regular.

8. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

This isn't the place to dispute infractions or complain about a particular mod. If you have a problem with a staff member, or with an infraction, take it up with an admin via PM's.

If that's all that's going to happen in this thread, it's going to get locked.

9. TaylorGT

TaylorGT What the deuce?

One Mod was brought up but that doesn't mean that mod was singled out, this is still about the bigger picture.

10. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

That's fine, let's keep it about the bigger picture.

As for the nature of the original dispute... here is what I just posted in the other thread, and it applies to all tech sections.

11. 97mustang3.8l

Then i think the mods should do more to explain the other options, risks, and problems, instead of just saying that they "MUST" be done the "right" way. And raymond was simply explaining his experience on doing things the otherway.

Its like someone saying you must have snowtires in the snow or its unsafe. when its really still and always will be unsafe no matter what tires you have. What if someone came in and said that they drive their car in the snow all the time with stock tires and share their experience....does this mean their spreading false information? People should be able to share their experiences and opinions on other ways of doing things, even in the tech section.

I'm not trying to get specific in here, but i just want to say that i think greensteeda is the perfect suspension mod and very knowledgable and reputable. i just think everyone should be more tolerant of other peoples opinions as long as any and all risks and negative effects are stated.

12. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Difference:

"I don't have snow tires and I usually do just fine. Just be careful."

"Snow tires will not provide any additional traction benefit to you."

Can you see what I mean, or do you need me to spell it out?

13. TaylorGT

TaylorGT What the deuce?

Another thing, your post was perfectly good and very informative without this last arrogant line.

14. 97mustang3.8l

yes i understand the difference between the two, However i see the situation as being something like this:

"You can use stock tires in the snow alot of us do and we think they work just fine for what we need them for."

And the other side of the argument being: "You must use snow tires or your unsafe and if you say otherwise your opinion wont be tolerated and is wrong."

I dont appreciate the way your manipulating things and being rude about it when i had nothing but a neutral, open minded view from the start

15. Raymond

Raymond `

Except no one is going to post something like that, just like I NEVER stated that shocks and struts wouldn't provide any additional benefit to a car with lowering springs. You need to go back and read the very first reply to that thread, where I suggested that the guy get shocks and struts to go with the springs. But then I see a certain member come in and say that he HAD to upgrade the dampers, and did not provide and information as to why. That's where the whole problem started.

16. 97mustang3.8l

EXACTLY thats what im trying to say! You beat me too it, and if you thought that was the case then why would you have them on your car!?!

17. TaylorGT

TaylorGT What the deuce?

Raymond, I think you know if you wanna prove a point you can use a single situation here. Its all hypothetical. If you call someone out this will get locked. Defeating your purpose.

18. 97mustang3.8l

He didnt call anyone out he was using an example of a situation to back up his general problem with the moderation of tech sections. Its kind of hard to make a point without factual supporting details...

I was trying to use snowtires as a hypothetical situation. Then jester turned it into a substitution of an actuall argument from the other thread, but not before he twisted and manipulated what was actually said, of course.

19. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Actually I wasn't trying to parallel the other thread, I was just providing a simple example of good tech versus bad tech (or opinion).

Honestly, I don't care too much about what happened in the other thread. If someone has a problem with something a mod did, take it up with an admin. It's that simple.

20. 97mustang3.8l

yeah thats a good idea let me take it to an admin, perhaps the same admin that said he was gonna do something and completely blew it off and ignored the entire thread and nearly the entire site:thumbdown: I think id have better luck trying to get in Ellen Degeneres' pants.